Windows iTunes help

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Mac guy haven't been on windows really in 4 years....

So my buddy gets a new laptop and I get him to log into his iTunes account, authorize that computer to his account, transfer any purchases he's made with his phone, and get the apps and everything onto the laptop...

But when we sync it, there's no backup file... what step or what have I not do to get this accomplished ? lol

Sorry to beat the horse to death some more I know this is a commonly asked question...

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
You're trying to backup the device? Right click the iPhone in the left pane of iTunes then select Backup:D

Well when you sync the device it should back it up first ... It literally says syncing for 15-20 secs and stops but yes I'm trying to get the device to backup...I'll have to try that and see if it works :D

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Well when you sync the device it should back it up first ... It literally says syncing for 15-20 secs and stops but yes I'm trying to get the device to backup...I'll have to try that and see if it works :D

Check C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Local Settings\Roaming (I think, it's one of the 3 folders)\Apple (assuming Windows 7) and see if the backup file is there. I know mine backs up automatically every time I sync, but it doesn't take very long at all.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
i checked in iTunes, preferences -> Devices ... no backup.... and it's XP not Win 7 should've clarified that... my bad everyone lol

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Try C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME% (or All Users)\Application Data (or Local Settings)\Apple

The backup file is in one of those 2 places by default. I don't see a backup file listed in iTunes either (possibly unless it's plugged in, haven't checked), but it's there.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2