Cracked screen for iPod Nano (6th generation) easy to fix for anyone?

jagsfan05

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
I have one that has a cracked screen. I have seen online that you can fix it yourself but is that hard to do for just a common person? I don't have great technical skills fixing electronics routinely. I know replacing the battery on a 5th generation iPod Nano is almost near impossible without professional help so just wondering if I should stay away from doing this on my own too? Or if anyone can do it?

I found a screen replacement and toolkit on Amazon at:
https://www.amazon.com/Omnirepairs-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2986765

Just wondering if I should even purchase it and try this on my own. Or if I should stay away and let a professional do it for $40-50 or so...

Thanks!

jagsfan05

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Apple won't work on these models anymore. If anything I would have to take it to a 3rd party technician.

But that didn't help answer my question, someone else? Thanks.

Also, I looked at my iPod Nano 6th generation on the screen and it says Model MC525LL but the product to replace it on Amazon says only for Models A1366 and A1574? I don't understand?

Last edited:

jagsfan05

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
I found out from the seller that it does include my Model MC525LL for the product, he just forgot to include it because it's a special edition.

But still trying to find out from you all if it's worth purchasing the accessory set to try and fix the screen on my own? Or is it going to be too difficult? Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2