Is an Android phone better than an Iphone?

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
To me this a question that simply cannot ever truly be answered as the real comparison is impossible to make. You want to truly find this out...

Give me and a iPhone XS Max Running iOS13 and iPhone XS Max running Android Pie.

Then, give me a Pixel or Galaxy running iOS13 and another Pixel or Galaxy running running Android Pie.

Now make your comparisons. I personally choose the iPhone every time because I choose iOS. But if I could get iOS with a different phone manufacturer I don’t know if I stick with Apple.

Maybe I’d like iOS better on a Oneplus with 12GB of RAM the fasting charging around.

I’m certainly not knocking Android at all. I just don’t think the question of iPhone versus Android phone is fair when iPhone has one single manufacturer and Android devices come from a ton of manufacturers.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
This question has been asked several times. That horse is dead. Let's bury it.

That question is practically unkillable lol

Google does have more of your data but honestly that translates to noticeably better personalised apps/services. Apple is on the other end where their control over their ecosystem is so tight that they can do the most annoying things like forcing you to pay extra for an Apple employee to replace your battery instead of someone else or slowing down old phones etc

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I think one of Android's "weaknesses" is the number of devices in use.

I'm in several IT app forums and 95% of the complaints of "app X isn't doing this" threads are from Android users. It typically starts with an app update and now most of the Android users are affected. I believe the issue is the app manufacturers have to make sure their app works on 1000 different models all running similar (yet different) versions of Android.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I think one of Android's "weaknesses" is the number of devices in use.

I'm in several IT app forums and 95% of the complaints of "app X isn't doing this" threads are from Android users. It typically starts with an app update and now most of the Android users are affected. I believe the issue is the app manufacturers have to make sure their app works on 1000 different models all running similar (yet different) versions of Android.

No doubt. You rarely hear the number of complaints about apps from Apple users as you do Android.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
No doubt. You rarely hear the number of complaints about apps from Apple users as you do Android.

If I were an app developer I would make sure it works on Huawei, Samsung, Google, Xiaomi, Sony, LG, Nokia, Oppo, Vivo, Realme and OnePlus phones before anything else. Sounds like a long list but they account for practically all Android phones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2