How many of your friends/family are using iPhones versus Android phones?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
iPhones account for an overwhelming majority of smartphones within my friends, family, clients and colleagues. For instance, I’m on a family Messages group chat with 11 people and everyone in there is using iMessage. The same goes for another big group chat I’m in. The majority of my clients are also using iPhones. I feel like I’m in a very Apple-centric area (an affluent area of Southeast Michigan) and while I do see Android phones they aren’t nearly as prevalent as iPhones.

I’m curious what everyone else out there is experiencing. What’s your personal “marketshare” of iPhones versus Android phones?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Apart from my brother, everybody uses iPhones in my family.

My brother used briefly an iPhone 4s and ‘disliked’ iOS so much, he ended up getting a Samsung thing.

Our relationship never was the same again ever since ..

Ooh, and my grandfather has a Nokia something something, a $30 phone, but at 84 y/o I can’t blame the man.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Siblings: 2 iPhones 1 Android
Kids: All iPhones
Colleagues: 95% iPhone 5% Android
Close friends: All iPhones except 1 or 2.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Family is 100% iPhone. Friends and clients are probably about 80-85% iPhone. I don’t notice it until I switch to an android phone myself. I can make it work but pretty much everyone I know with an iPhone is irritated with me. 🤣

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My entire family is on iOS except my husband and my dad. My girls have iPhones, iPod, iPad. Actually, even hubby uses and iPad for gaming. But he’s an android guy all the way with his phones. He just ordered the pixel 2. My dad has a duel sim device so he went android. Everyone else in the fam is ios.

As for friends ... most people at work at ios bc my work only supports iOS for sync. A few outside work are android.

To each his own ......

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
80/20. One of my sis in-laws is one of those people that thinks apple is "elitist", but yet she's always asking my wife to look up something or use her phone to take a pic at functions. At work my whole management team is IOS, (thanks to me) but all my Loss Prevention is Android, except one.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
iPhone is definitely a dominating force in my surroundings. Family wise however my immediate family is all iPhone of course. I pay the phone bill. My job also syncs with iPhones so everyone at my job minus one new guy has iPhone as well. Now when I’m out and about shopping or on day trips with my family I see Android a lot more. I’m not here to make a stereotype or anything but I notice. When I’m near my home or in my neighborhood which is a middle class area it’s entirely iPhone, with your occasional high end android usually Samsung Galaxy or a Note. When I’m out near old friends or my old neighborhood it’s androids. With your occasional iPhone. My parents are Android. My dad is super cheap he uses a pretty crappy android, my mom has a Galaxy S8 he gets her whatever she wants lol. He doesn’t care what he uses. Been trying to convince him to get an iPhone forever. He won’t do it.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Everyone in my home has iPhones, my job is about split in half. They talk trash about people that have iPhones. I love my iPhone and would never go back to an android. I had the galaxy S8+ and the Note 8 but they just didn’t do it for me. To much going on.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My whole family is using iPhone, I was the only hold out using Android until the 5s came out and the finger print scanner was the main reason for switching. Been on iPhone ever since. Got To say though, that new Pixel 2XL looks nice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2