How do you feel about skins?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
We all know there are people who like going caseless and those who buy any number of the plethora of cases, but how do you feel about skins? I believe skins are great way to protect the finish of your device and add a little extra grip to it. I once tried applying a Dbrand skin to my iPhone 6S plus and it didn’t go so well, I did however just apply a Colorware skin to my iPhone 7 Plus really well. I’m really liking it so far, one of my main issues last time was that I didn’t get the edges properly set and that bothered me. This time it’s all done well, feels nice, looks great, and adds some grip. This makes me question whether or not I want to buy cases anymore or just use a skin. I know skins aren’t for everyone, that’s why I wanted to start this thread and hear your thoughts and opinions, so fire away.

daustin68

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I've had similar issues with skins (which I prefer over cases), and that's led me to shy away from them. I think I'll look into Colorware, since your experience seems to be positive.
Dbrand skins seem to have too many 'moving parts'.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I love them.

Nothing against anyone personally, but I like that skins make my iPhone appear less commonplace. We all know that iPhones are far from being niche devices, so it's nice to have something that makes it look unique. I have a dBrand skin on my iPhone SE and I'm really enjoying it. I have had a skin on it for months now and I can't imagine wanting to take it off.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had similar issues with skins (which I prefer over cases), and that's led me to shy away from them. I think I'll look into Colorware, since your experience seems to be positive.
Dbrand skins seem to have too many 'moving parts'.

They all do. The key is to keep heating it up when it cools, and it cools pretty quickly. The Colorware application video actually helped me a lot this time. They have a step in there that Dbrand doesn’t. Which is applying the back of the skin fully to the corners before doing the corners.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
I can't recall if it was Dbrand or a different skin, but like others here I found that it had too many pieces and the edges bothered me. I took it off and threw it away. That was on a Lumia Icon.

My iPhone SE currently has a case that's so thin—0.35mm—that it's almost like a skin, but it's one piece, no lifting edges. I had something similar on my 6s Plus. I guess I like them. ;)

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I always use a Apple leather case though one day in the mall I got looking at some skins and had them put a nice black grippy one on back and I kind of like the way it seems way lighter in my pockets now especially wearing shorts in summer although if I was to drop it absolutely has no protection .

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I’ve used them before but with the ones I’ve selected being as slick as the phone, I typically peel them off and go back to whatever my previous case was.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2