iPhone 7 or 7 Plus with Gloves

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Getting colder out. New home button...zero response with gloves on. Not referring to fingerprint, I mean there is no response at all.

It's as if the phone is turned off. Anybody else notice this? Any fix. I work in the city and walk quite a bit from office to office and am always on the phone.

Yes, i understand it's haptic feedback and software, not actually a hardware home button.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Try one of those designated touchscreen friendly gloves out in the store on your iPhone.
Keep trying till you find one that works and keeps your hands warm.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Try one of those designated touchscreen friendly gloves out in the store on your iPhone.
Keep trying till you find one that works and keeps your hands warm.

That's the thing. The gloves work for the touch screen but as far as I know, no glove will work for the home button as it's not actually a button. Unless anyone has information that says otherwise? I'm inquiring cause the home button doesn't respond to any gloves I've tried. But if I use a thumb it works and the glove will work on the home screen just not on the home button.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I read that capacitative touch gloves should work. Tried a pair and still not working. I'll keep looking. For now it's old school gloves where you can pull the fingertips back!

No, capacitive gloves only work on capacitive surfaces. The button isn't actually a button but a piece of glass on top of a pressure sensitive sensor.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
No, capacitive gloves only work on capacitive surfaces. The button isn't actually a button but a piece of glass on top of a pressure sensitive sensor.

No biggie, but clearly we are not on the same page. My entire point for this thread is that the very nature of the home button being a software button (as you described, I've been saying since my original post) not hardware button is the issue. Example, a reset is the power key and volume rocker because if there is a software issue you couldn't use the power and home key to reset as the home button could be not functioning from the software issue...

So again, my point is the home button is not receptive to gloves I have tried. As an example, try one of two things. Turn your phone off and hit the home button. You will clearly notice that nothing happens because when the phone is on and you tap the home button it doesn't actually move you actually just receive the haptic response simulating the movement as you described and I've again said all along.

Now try slipping your home button just under your sleeve with the phone on and unlocked on your home screen. You'll feel nothing and get no reaction applying your thumb. I'm not pointing out anything about the home button we already don't know. I'm just looking for gloves that reconcile the issue.

I've done a lot of research on this. All articles point to capacitative touch gloves, which I've tried and I receive no response from the home button. The only way way I get a response is by use of a finger.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2