I need advice on purchasing a second hand iPhone.

Raestloz

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm a BlackBerry user before, now am an Android person. I want to try iPhone and am currently looking at a second hand [redacted]

I want to ask for advice on things I need to look out for. Is there a peculiar thing about iPhone that a newcomer would miss? How do I perform standard hardware/software check?

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Want to buy a second hand iPhone 5S, want advice

I'm a BlackBerry user before, now am an Android person. I want to try iPhone and am currently looking at a second hand [redacted]

I want to ask for advice on things I need to look out for. Is there a peculiar thing about iPhone that a newcomer would miss? How do I perform standard hardware/software check?

Please be sure to read the Marketplace Rules & Guidelines before posting a WTB thread. You can use the following link. Thanks.

http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/410-marketplace-rules-guidelines.html

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I can get a 64/5s here for 350 NZD, almost new mint condition, so my suggestion is to really look hard, you should have no issues. They should be down in price already by now.

Raestloz

May 6, 2016
Visit site

Hmmm, have you experienced issues as described in the link? I did some search but I'm not sure if it's vocal minority or actual problem Samsung Note 7 style

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm, have you experienced issues as described in the link? I did some search but I'm not sure if it's vocal minority or actual problem Samsung Note 7 style

It's a vocal minority. And the Note 7 issue was unprecedented in the mobile world. We hope to ever have that severe, widespread of an issue around here!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not really looking to buy it here, I'm looking for advice on what to do before buying an iPhone. Also,[redacted] has a wide array of issues as written here: (redacted) Problems and How to Fix Them (Even the Blue Screen of Death) | Digital Trends which is why I'm looking for advice here.

Advice:
1. Meet the buyer in person in a local, but populated area, preferably a wireless carrier Store to whom you'll activate the device with.
2. Have the buyer disable the iCloud Activation Lock (disabling the Find My iPhone setting) in front of you.
3. Inspect the device to make sure it is in excellent working order and that you're satisfied with its overall appearance.
4. Make sure the device is not blacklisted or reported stolen. Also make sure that, if the device is locked to a carrier, you're able to start an account with that carrier, if you don't already have an account with it.
5. Pay the buyer ONLY after you're done the above and are satisfied with the asking price.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GiadaHuerta