Stopping my iPhone 6S plus from automatically starting to play music when con...

nateohio

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know how to get rid of this feature? It's really annoying. I listen to audiobooks while driving and when I get in my car (08 Explorer) and my Fianc?s car (2015 Nissan) my phone automatically starts the iPod/music app. I've experienced this on Android phones as well, so it's not only an Apple thing.

It drives me absolutely insane, and I want to punch whoever designed this feature in the throat! Who thought it was a good idea for this to happen EVERY TIME you get in the car? How do I stop it from automatically starting the music app?

Let me add that "hard closing" the app does not work.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have that too with my podcasts and it makes me crazy. The song that plays is one I like but I am not fond of hearing it each time I start the car ;) I did see someone created a silent MP3 that would be first but I couldn't get it to upload on iTunes Match so can't get it to my phone. May have to try another method.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It's the car manufacturers. I have a Ford Focus and same thing although I think I've trained it to open my podcast app instead now. Fingers crossed that it sticks.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I switched back to the native podcasts app as downcast didn't seem to get priority over the music app. I think that has helped.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2