Launch day reservation. How long should I expect to wait?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have owned several iPhones but I've never purchased one in store on launch day. This year I've decided to take advantage of Apple's new upgrade program so I've been forced to go to the store, and I have a reservation that says 8:00-8:30. From your experience, do the Apple Stores hold pretty true to these times, or should I expect to be there for a while? I don't mind showing up a little early but I have no desire to wait in line for hours before the store opens.

I have to head to the office straight after picking up my phones so I'm trying to get some sort of gauge as to when that will be. Thanks in advance!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I have owned several iPhones but I've never purchased one in store on launch day. This year I've decided to take advantage of Apple's new upgrade program so I've been forced to go to the store, and I have a reservation that says 8:00-8:30. From your experience, do the Apple Stores hold pretty true to these times, or should I expect to be there for a while? I don't mind showing up a little early but I have no desire to wait in line for hours before the store opens.

I have to head to the office straight after picking up my phones so I'm trying to get some sort of gauge as to when that will be. Thanks in advance!

This is a new program so there is no prior history to go by. I would not expect that there would be a very long wait. I don't think you'll get everything sorted out immediately, but I don't think it will be a huge wait.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This is a new program so there is no prior history to go by. I would not expect that there would be a very long wait. I don't think you'll get everything sorted out immediately, but I don't think it will be a huge wait.

Thank you! I'm hoping that Apple eventually launches their upgrade service online. Not that I don't always enjoy visiting the Apple Store, but I'm not a fan of waiting in line on launch day.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The time portion of it is new, but reservations aren't new...in the past, reservations had a line, but it was no where near the line for normal walk in purchases. There also seemed to be less of a risk of the stock running out (though I do remember reading some reports of reservation people being left with no phone after going to a location that ran out of stock for whatever reason).

You're most likely safe...but I'd get there BEFORE my time window started just to be safe.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I rather think that the appointments are not only for managing the number of people in the store, but also to gauge the needed amount of stock.....

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I rather think that the appointments are not only for managing the number of people in the store, but also to gauge the needed amount of stock.....

Are you really using a Note 4 to post in the iMore forums? Not judging, just curious :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you really using a Note 4 to post in the iMore forums? Not judging, just curious :)
Yup
I love phones.

My Beloved is my iPhone 6. But I do use my Note 4 and a Lumia 1520.

Also have a BlackBerry Passport but that's in the kitchen drawer.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77