Out of curiosity, how many people use the native Mail app?

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
If only Gmail had push. I could use stock for my work email. I can set that account up as an Exchange account. But then I'd be using two different email apps for work and personal email, and I hate that.

I'm now using CloudMagic. I think it's pretty fantastic. I keep my accounts also set up in the stock Mail app for sending emails from other apps and what not.

I wish I could use the stock email app. I like to keep things as simple as possible.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I use it for my work email, but for gmail I use the gmail app, set only to alert on primary. I do leave my gmail account in mail settings for sharing since I can't pick gmail as default. I just turn off all notifications and any fetch for it.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried to use it for Gmail and I actually liked it alot. But no push email = no go. Currently using cloud magic. If apple was to allow push for Gmail, I would happily use the native app.

Crowyer

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Ok I now all my push email works. I've not missed a single email! iCloud still uses native email app. But all my other accounts use their corresponding app. Everything works and all emails come through via push and work fantastic. I am not going back to native email!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I use native and for the most part, it is fine. I would love to try a different client but work email won't support it.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Due to a new work internet policy I need to use two mail apps the native mail app and now the Gmail app as well. Not a fan of the gmail app. It needs more features and swipe controls. I don't archive in gmail I delete and I can't swipe to do so 😢

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2