Out of curiosity, how many people use the native Mail app?

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I do. I don't understand why it is even an issue with some people. I guess it just works and doesn't do anything flashy..... Boring I guess for some.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I do. To be honest, I haven't really looked into anything else. What does everyone else use?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I use it for Gmail, iCloud and work. Works seamlessly. I bounced back and forth with the Gmail app for a while but mail.app eventually won because of integration with iOS.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

jaiarun

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I don't use Mail.

Like most users, I did initially used it considering how simple it looked, but then soon realise how functionally handicapped it was compared to 3rd party apps.

Most mail apps nowadays, preview the most recent conversation, so you don't even have to open the email to know the latest status. If your reply to an email happens to be the latest in the thread, it can be viewed in the preview. On tapping an email, the entire conversation can be viewed, including the sent emails. Coming to the default Mail app, the conversation list does not even include sent messages. To view the sent messages, you have to go search for it in the sent items folder, a hassle, esp when you are short of time and you want to view the full email trail. Including both incoming and sent emails in the conversation is a basic feature in most 3rd party apps. Just an example of where Mail is compared to other apps.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the stock mail app on both my MacBook and iPhone for gmail, Microsoft exchange. Except for slow load times on my Mac it's pretty smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timswork

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
<-- another stock mail app user right here.

It works fantastic with my Gmail, Live, and iCloud accounts, and I don't want to mess with juggling mail apps (as Apple only allows its stock mail app to be the mail default).

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a total of six email accounts. All but one I use the stock mail app regularly for. Gmail I use the official app, but I also use the stock app on occasion.

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Default app because we can't hide them and it drives me crazy to have more than one app for the same thing lol

^^^ This.

Plus, I tried CloudMagic and Spark; even though they both have a few features that native mail doesn't have, they just don't seem to work as smoothly in one way or another. But not being able to delete the native client has pretty much also ended any further searching. Native app just works good 'nuff.

Crowyer

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Well I have downloaded all the mail apps. I stopped using stock because I'm not getting all my mail via push. They are only syncing when I open the stock mail app. ESPECIALLY when it's in a sub folder. I'm going to try this for a while, see how it works!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2