How was the transition from Android to the iPhone?

craftEcowgirl

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
How was the transition? Tips? Had Iphone 4 way back when, and went to blackberry, then to android.

I have Note 2 and dont use stylus much at all, and am thinking of going to Iphone 6 plus. As I love the larger size phones.

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Anyone went from android to IOS?

How was the transition? Tips? Had Iphone 4 way back when, and went to blackberry, then to android.

I have Note 2 and dont use stylus much at all, and am thinking of going to Iphone 6 plus. As I love the larger size phones.

I did from blackberry to android to iPhone. I used to
1. Miss quick bluetooth, wifi and airplane mode toggle buttons on iOS 6 but iOS 7 introduced swipe up gesture from anywhere to bring the control centre with all those options.
2. Miss gtalk (google chat) with its available and automatic switching to idle mode perfectly as i used to use it for business communications and couldn't find an iOS app which can perfectly replace android gtalk app but soon g00gle killed its own gtalk app for android so nothing to miss anymore.

That was it but i gained a lot more in terms of stability the iOS provided like i am not tweaking my iPhone to get it to work like cleaning Ram, killing apps but actually using the phone which was not possible with android. I know if i take the iphone out from my pocket to do something, I'll be doing that and not be presented with something like 'force close'. And that means a lot to me.
Since i was an android user so i had all my contacts syncing to gmail and that was great. I got all my contacts to iPhone in no time and they're still in sync with gmail.
Btw, I've been using vtok for my gtalk needs. It's not exactly what android provided back then but gets the job done.
The only thing i hated the most with android was tapping on 'Phone' button to bring the dialler to make make an urgent phone call and phone taking 4-5 seconds to respond. It's never the case with an iPhone even after a year of use. It just responds and works perfectly!

P.S. Let us know what issues are in your mind regarding the switch to iPhone and we'll be able to help appropriately. Yes, things have improved dramatically with the iOS 8 and it's great!

Sent from my iPhone 5c or iPod touch 5th Gen using iMore Forums

Last edited:

geekymcfly

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone went from android to IOS?

I recently switched back. I didn't really need any transition other than a quick refresh. Not much has changed since I had the 4. Quick settings and a back button took some getting use too. It was good to load all my apps that I had purchased previously.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Pretty smooth. Considering I can still use Google Now, Google+, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets, & Slides, Chrome, Google Maps, Hangouts, even GooglePlay Books, and just about any other Google app I would want on my iPhone.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It was pretty smooth for me. Got my contacts back into iCloud using an export from Google.com/contacts. Set my google calendar up. Everything else is pretty easy but I've been on iOS many times before though so...

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
The biggest transition for me was lack of wakelocks. Seriously, those bugged the crap out of me. Other than that, I used my Androids as I use my iPhones except I don't have to deal with the unreliableness and making the damn things work correctly.

tanson1011

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
It was easy. After using android for over 4 years straight I was able to keep my backed up data through Google. I do miss some of the basic android functionality, but it's something I can get used too. (No third party app notifications, keyboards still not as good, can't default apps). However very surprised how good this little battery keeps going all day, and the hardware is just sexy.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm still in the transition process as I just got my 6 plus today. I'm not new to iPhones and apple though as I've been using iOS devices throughout the time I was using an android phone and was an iPhone user before that.

However what I will say is that the bigger screen solves a lot of the issues that I had with the iPhone in the past few years.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm still in the transition process as I just got my 6 plus today. I'm not new to iPhones and apple though as I've been using iOS devices throughout the time I was using an android phone and was an iPhone user before that.

However what I will say is that the bigger screen solves a lot of the issues that I had with the iPhone in the past few years.

How so you like it so far

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
How so you like it so far

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I'm really enjoying it so far.

I've used big phones before (Galaxy note) but I didn't like the ergonomics. I think Apple got it right with the 6 plus. It's light and feels good in the hand.

The screen is beautiful.

The battery is insane!

I also like the landscape view and reachability. I thought they were gimmicks but I'm finding them really useful.

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I went from note 2 to HTC one ...took a few days but from HTC one to iPhone 5S I had no problems..
Than now to 6 than 6 plus it's been a JOY!
Love my iPhone's!

anon(9179520)

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I have switched back to iOS from Android for about one month now. Glad to have iMessage and photo sharing back. However, one thing I really missed from Android is a good app that would auto-mute my phone based on my calendar events. AutoSilent is the only app that can do this in iOS. But it runs so inefficiently that I'd rather flip the mute button manually.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Very easy transition from Android to iOS, but if it were me I'd struggle another year with the note 2 until the 6plus S model is released.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It was super weird at first. Still hated no Swype all the way until iOS allowed third party keyboards. I do great with Swype. I think the only thing I do miss still is the SD card ability. That and I can't ever get my iDevices to work with Bluetooth in my car. So I have to keep my Note 3 on me for that alone. It's crazy.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It was super weird at first. Still hated no Swype all the way until iOS allowed third party keyboards. I do great with Swype. I think the only thing I do miss still is the SD card ability. That and I can't ever get my iDevices to work with Bluetooth in my car. So I have to keep my Note 3 on me for that alone. It's crazy.

What kind of car do you have?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77