iPhone 5s 16gb vs iPhone 5c 32gb?

Brad Semenick

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm kind of on a student budget and I can't justify buying a 32gb 5s. I'm wondering if the faster chip in the 5s is worth worrying about memory, or if it's better to have the peace of mind of having enough space for everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd go with the 32GB 5c. I have both the 5c and 5s. I really do prefer the look and feel of the 5c. Unless you really like using the finger print scanner and fitness apps that use the M7 processor, you'd not be missing much. Just my opinion though.

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.

vjh425

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I was in a similar situation and I chose the 5S because I use my phone for my job and Because of HIPAA they want you to lock your phone and I hate typing pass codes or passwords because I use the music player while driving and the Touch ID allows me to keep my phone locked without having to type a password all the time. That's the main reason I chose the 5S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
You want the 32 GB as a student that's a given

But the 5s is sweet you need to cut back on the pizza or whatever and get the 5s 32GB you will thank me later

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The 32 gb 5c. My wife has the blue, and it's great. Looks nice, is fast, great camera. IMO, it's not worth paying more for the 5s. Not yet anyway. The iPhone 6 though....

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
The 32 gb 5c. My wife has the blue, and it's great. Looks nice, is fast, great camera. IMO, it's not worth paying more for the 5s. Not yet anyway. The iPhone 6 though....

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Yeah. I'm already considering selling my 5s. I like my 5c more. >_>

?Sent from space using Tapatalk.?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
What do you like more about the 5c? How does it's speed compare to the 5s in real world use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I can't even tell the difference. I use the forums, web browsing, apps like YouTube/NetFlix, and calls/text. It's really just not a big enough difference for me. I don't even use the finger print scanner a lot. I feel important when I put in my pin. +_+

I like the weight and general overall feel of the 5c. It's a nice experience seeing the blue each day too.

Brad Semenick

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I can't even tell the difference. I use the forums, web browsing, apps like YouTube/NetFlix, and calls/text. It's really just not a big enough difference for me. I don't even use the finger print scanner a lot. I feel important when I put in my pin. +_+

I like the weight and general overall feel of the 5c. It's a nice experience seeing the blue each day too.

Do you think the 5c is better value than the 5s?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

If you are just wanting a good dependable phone and focus on the storage, yes. If you want cutting edge, even if you won't use the features, then no. However, I've owned many phones and even with my need for the latest and greatest, I still choose my 5c over my 5s.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I respect Sep's advice but the 5s is a better value in my eyes

Ask yourself do you play games then get the 5s

If your only surfing the net get the 5c

Photos 5s

FB 5c

If your gonna use iWorks for school you should get the 5s

Overall your still getting an excellent device either way and I think we all agree the 32 GB is almost a must these days I have the 64 GB and surpassed the 32 GB size already

Last edited:

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I respect Sep's advice but the 5s is a better value in my eyes

Ask yourself do you play games then get the 5s

If your only surfing the net get the 5c

Photos 5s

FB 5c

If your gonna use iWorks for school you should get the 5s

Overall your still getting an excellent device either way and I think we all agree the 32 GB is almost a must these days I have the 64 GB and surpassed the 32 GB size already

Why if you're going to use iWorks get the 5S? Photos are just as good on the 5C as well...

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk 😊

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
5S for sure. 5C is pretty much a iPhone 5 in a different body. No A7 chip or Touch ID or 64bit processing.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Why if you're going to use iWorks get the 5S? Photos are just as good on the 5C as well...

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk 😊

Yes the photos are really good on the 5c but the 5s has the better iSight camera

iWorks loads faster on the 5s

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I would go with the 5s. Although it's only 16GB, you can bypass that by working on the cloud. You can store pictures, videos and documents on DropBox for instance.

If you plan on installing a lot of games and other 'big' apps like navigation, I would go with the 32gb 5c, because 16gb won't be enough then.

This is my situation
u9u3ymu5.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77