Smart Case Usage

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys use your case 24/7 or only plug your case in when you need it? I tend to use it when I know I’m out on the road in NYC and can’t be tethered to an outlet and will be going to Happy Hour after work. Should I be using it 24/7? My battery is at 96% so trying to do the right thing here. I’m currently using my case while I type this IMG_0862.JPG

htc2hilt

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Got my Smart Battery Case on Jan. 23 and I've been switching between that & my standard cases.

Uses so far:
  • Work day: Put on Smart case before the 7 AM commute to keep battery topped off. Get back home before 5 PM & remove Smart case, recharge Smart case for the next use.
  • Weekend: Kept Smart case on for most of the weekend, with the exception of going out for Saturday night dinner.(preferred to travel lighter)

To further summarize how I've been using my Smart Battery Case:
I've only kept it on while I was away from home and once I was near a charger again, I took off the Smart case.
So far, I think this is how I'll primarily be using this case.

Exceptions would be:
Keep in glove box for snowboarding sessions as a backup (instead of using the car charger)
Travel/Vacation
Longer days of being away from a charger (family events, special occasions)

Since the Smart case is designed by Apple to work specifically with the iPhone, I wouldn't be afraid of keeping the case on at all times. I trust that the "smart" designation is what sets it apart from third-party battery cases. And from what I've researched, the case uses its battery first before the iPhone starts using its own battery and because of that the phone's internal battery is not constantly being charged by the case. It's as if the power consumption is redirected from the phone's battery to the battery of the Smart case. This may actually prolong the life of the phone's battery. But we'll all soon find out how it goes.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
With regards to use of the case, it's all about personal preference. There is no right or wrong way to use the smart battery case.

For me, I use my smart battery case as my daily case. For me it's just easier, I never have to worry about plugging in and I can easily get a whole day of use from the case alone with heavy use. For me it's easier than carrying other cases to swap into or getting home and switching out cases.

I used the smart battery case for my iPhone 7 in the same capacity as a daily case, and saw no ill effects.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven’t purchased one yet, but I’m thinking of getting one to keep in my bag. I’m in NYC, as well, & hate when my battery gets low while I’m at happy hour or out shopping. I use my phone naked, so I would only put the case on when needed.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven’t purchased one yet, but I’m thinking of getting one to keep in my bag. I’m in NYC, as well, & hate when my battery gets low while I’m at happy hour or out shopping. I use my phone naked, so I would only put the case on when needed.

That’s very bold of you. I could never use it naked, too much of a risk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've had it on my XS Max since January 17th and use it everyday. Pretty much the only time I charge is by putting my phone with the case on on a Mophie pad overnight on my night stand. I'm still at 100% battery capacity but the XS Max I have was a replacement from a month prior after I broke my original.

Jbairdjr

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed Bluetooth issues since they started using the case? I’m using it on my XS Max and since the last IOS update have been having Bluetooth issues

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77