Pixel 3 or iPhone XS?

vhl71

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
Have an opportunity to buy an iPhone XS for CAD1000 (only a few days old) or a pixel 3 for the same price from Google. Which one should I choose? Currently have an iPhone X which I love. But I’ll be giving this to my daughter..so Loki g for a phone for myself.
Decisons..decisions - which one should I get??

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
If I remember correctly, you had a Pixel 2 and the time frame of ownership was short. You love your X so why not try the XS?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
It’s all personal preference, I love the simplicity of IOS and the XS has excellent build quality. I have just as many paid apps in the Google play store as I do in the Apple App Store.

Both devices are nice and have their pluses and minuses, for myself, I just prefer Apple. The Apple store support and their warranty are second to none.

In the end, I would play around with both devices and made your decision and go from there.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Both are good systems -- just depends what you really want. I love Android but I really wanted a good watch and Android simply doesn't have any (except for some Galaxy ones which then need a Samsung phone) so I went with Apple Watch Series 4 + iPhone XS Max.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the XS Max but ordered the OnePlus 6T today. Been wanting to try for years and it will finally work on Verizon.

vhl71

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
If I remember correctly, you had a Pixel 2 and the time frame of ownership was short. You love your X so why not try the XS?

You're correct. I ended up selling the pixel 2 after a few weeks and got the iphone X
Being a phone addict doesnt help!!
iPhone X is the longest i've kept a phone since BB10 and windows phone days!! Despite having every flagship android phone, I never kept them for long - guess I just don't like the way android looks.
So you're probably correct - if i get the XS, I might keep it for a while.

Also when it comes to resale value, I think XS would be better than Pixel 3

Main reason i'm considering pixel is - camera and ok google. Both of them are better than the XS.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
You're correct. I ended up selling the pixel 2 after a few weeks and got the iphone X
Being a phone addict doesnt help!!
iPhone X is the longest i've kept a phone since BB10 and windows phone days!! Despite having every flagship android phone, I never kept them for long - guess I just don't like the way android looks.
So you're probably correct - if i get the XS, I might keep it for a while.

Also when it comes to resale value, I think XS would be better than Pixel 3

Main reason i'm considering pixel is - camera and ok google. Both of them are better than the XS.

Ah okay. I wasn't sure if it was you or not that went through this.

I get why you are considering the Pixel because both of those are good things. If you see yourself getting heavy enough use out of those two things, I say that you can go with the Pixel and just consider the XS later.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the Xs and my husband just got the Pixel 3 XL.
After getting hands on his Pixel I’m not that impressed. Love my Xs so much more. And I’m a former Android fan gal and had many Android phones.

vhl71

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
Update on this
Played with a pixel 3 at a store and nothing that impressed me to spend $1000 on this. So decided to get an iPhone XS. The iPhone I was going to get privately had a lot is scratches on screen. So didn’t end up buying it. Waiting for the Black Friday sales here in Canada with carriers.
Unless I get a pixel 3 at a good discount I’ll be getting the XS.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Update on this
Played with a pixel 3 at a store and nothing that impressed me to spend $1000 on this. So decided to get an iPhone XS. The iPhone I was going to get privately had a lot is scratches on screen. So didn’t end up buying it. Waiting for the Black Friday sales here in Canada with carriers.

Sounds like a plan. Good luck with your future phone!

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Have an opportunity to buy an iPhone XS for CAD1000 (only a few days old) or a pixel 3 for the same price from Google. Which one should I choose? Currently have an iPhone X which I love. But I’ll be giving this to my daughter..so Loki g for a phone for myself.
Decisons..decisions - which one should I get??
Not even a match for me: iPhone XS hands down.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Speaking personally and as an IT director, it's really a choice of platforms and then whether or not you want to buy first tier hardware. Apple only gives you a first tier hardware choice.

In case of the Pixel it is fair to consider cameras over software platform but for me I still want the two physical cameras. I've had that since 7 Plus would not give it up.

If you love your X make sure any purchase has an easy out in case you don't want the Android switch.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Update on this

Whatever device you end up getting, I hope it works out the best for you. I have had a XS since the official launch and I love the device.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I just don't put the pixel in the same race especially if you plan on having other devices to compliment. If I was switching to android I would probably go samsung s10 which is announced today. I feel they currently have the premium Android phone..

chevyman29

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I just don't put the pixel in the same race especially if you plan on having other devices to compliment. If I was switching to android I would probably go samsung s10 which is announced today. I feel they currently have the premium Android phone..

Just to chime in about the s 10 , I just left best buy checking out the ones on display and comparing them to my pixel 3 .
Honestly it wasn't really close whenever it came to camera shutter speed. My pixel won hands down.
Now me and my girlfriend both checked out the Xs while we were there and the camera was just as good as my pixel.

I almost had her talked into us getting iPhones just so we could play the games in Imessage , but she backed out on me. LOL
Obviously we are phone nerds.

vhl71

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
Follow up on this

Got an iPhone XS for a very good price few months ago and living it so far. Camera is definitely an improvement over the x and got the gold colour which is simply a beauty to look at. It’s a pity that I’ve to cover it with the iphone leather case. No regrets in getting this. In fact I don’t think I can ever go back to android anymore.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Follow up on this

Got an iPhone XS for a very good price few months ago and living it so far. Camera is definitely an improvement over the x and got the gold colour which is simply a beauty to look at. It’s a pity that I’ve to cover it with the iphone leather case. No regrets in getting this. In fact I don’t think I can ever go back to android anymore.

Ah, spoken like a padawan getting ready to cross over to master.

Now, admit it........you all read that with an accent......didn't you?

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Ah, spoken like a padawan getting ready to cross over to master.

Now, admit it........you all read that with an accent......didn't you?

I hate to say it but lol you totally got me XD

I could literally hear Obi-Wan right there.

As for the actual thread I would get the Pixel 3 (for the camera and Android). Design-wise it isn’t as good but it does have front facing stereo speakers and an insane camera with Night Sight. The XS does have slightly better zoom (the P3 super-res zoom actually works) but inferior low light photography. Performance wise both are great, although the XS is slightly faster. As for software, it really depends on your taste, neither iOS or Android are objectively better than the other. The Pixel 3 can be easily bought for $200+ cheaper than the XS. In terms of bells and whistles and battery lives both are similar as well.

Both are awesome phones overall.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost