Watching tv and movies have u noticed

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have! I am watching a new show on Hulu and they are predominantly using Apple devices. I have noticed some other shows where they use other manufacturers, but for the most part, I see many more Apple products than others. ON a side note, I was stopped by a local reporter a few weeks ago. She was doing a "man on the street" feature about increased reports about people who leave their keys in their cars. She asked if she could interview me on camera, which turned out to be her iPhone!!! She had a little microphone attached to her phone which she clipped on to my collar. When I watched the news later that day, the quality was really good. That shouldn't have been surprising since it was an iPhone, but I have to confess to being impressed.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
That’s really cool Annie. They had a segment here in Phoenix about car thefts. People seem to forget their keys. Luckily I never have. 🤪

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When you see Apple products prominently used in TV shows and movies, Apple is paying for that product placement. And they probably want their characters to appear affluent, fashionable, or part of modern culture. What better brand than Apple to give that vibe?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
When you see Apple products prominently used in TV shows and movies, Apple is paying for that product placement. And they probably want their characters to appear affluent, fashionable, or part of modern culture. What better brand than Apple to give that vibe?

I think you're right about this. The show I mentioned in an earlier post is centered around millennials living and working in NYC!

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I think you're right about this. The show I mentioned in an earlier post is centered around millennials living and working in NYC!

The shows I often wonder about are reality shows. My wife watches a lot of HGTV and I see the people on there all the time having iPhones and Apple products and I wonder if that’s product placement or if they legitimately use them

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The shows I often wonder about our reality shows. My wife watches a lot of HGTV and I see the people on there all the time having iPhones and Apple products and I wonder if that’s product placement or if they legitimately use them

Could be a little of both.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Even if it is product placement, it’s extremely accurate. Most of the people I see in NYC day to day have some iteration of an iPhone & Watch. Age makes no difference here LOL

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I see it quite often. Big Bang Theory has had Apple Products throughout its run. Right now Leonard wears an Apple Watch and they all use iPhones. I also notice when they switch brands. Modern Family had Apple Products on quite often but somewhere in the middle they switched to, not really sure, Samsung, I think.
I wonder about the ‘reality’ shows too. The one I watched half of them wear FitBits while the others wear Apple Watches. You’d think if that was product placement it would be exclusive.

boogas8

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I see it quite often. Big Bang Theory has had Apple Products throughout its run. Right now Leonard wears an Apple Watch and they all use iPhones. I also notice when they switch brands. Modern Family had Apple Products on quite often but somewhere in the middle they switched to, not really sure, Samsung, I think.
I wonder about the ‘reality’ shows too. The one I watched half of them wear FitBits while the others wear Apple Watches. You’d think if that was product placement it would be exclusive.

They switched to the Pixels for awhile. Haley was the most clear user of it. Also the random google home product placements.

The Darth Kal-El

Apr 30, 2019
Visit site

Actually, it is a known fact in the entertainment industry that Apple does not pay for product placement. Apple will provide productions with Apple products such as iPhones, iPads, and Macs for free if the production requests. However, Apple does not pay for these product placements. Look it up.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Actually, it is a known fact in the entertainment industry that Apple does not pay for product placement. Apple will provide productions with Apple products such as iPhones, iPads, and Macs for free if the production requests. However, Apple does not pay for these product placements. Look it up.

I stand corrected! And obviously not in the entertainment industry.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FadedInsomnia