Anyone just D-brand their Max?

maverick96

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I’ve gone through a bunch of Max cases. From Apple leather and silicone to Spigen and even Totallee. Been looking at the new Matrix D-brand and wondering if that’s all I need. Looks amazing and keeps phone as slim as possible. Thoughts?

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I’ve always loved the feel of the Apple leather case. It works for me... but I usually get a backup Spigen for the car since the desk mount leaves ugly marks on the leather lol

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I love the dbrand skin but I’m probably going to wait until they ship all the preorders, if I don’t get dbrand I usually get a peel type of case

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
My dbrand pre-orders shipped yesterday. Can't wait to get it. I'm already getting tired of all the fingerprints on the back.

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I personally do not get along with wrapping my phone into a piece of thin 3M vinyl. For me there is no drop protection at all. But this is only my personal opinion.

Last edited:

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Just ordered the Matrix myself. Are these things a pain to install?
I used one on my X, Not bad at all. Very forgiving, you do it in sections and if you mess up the first section you can peel it off and start over with no issues. Take a look at the install video. I don't use the version that covers the frame so not sure how hard that is but just the back is pretty easy.

https://youtu.be/IfBnYxpLVG8

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I used one on my X, Not bad at all. Very forgiving, you do it in sections and if you mess up the first section you can peel it off and start over with no issues. Take a look at the install video. I don't use the version that covers the frame so not sure how hard that is but just the back is pretty easy.

https://youtu.be/IfBnYxpLVG8

It’s the frame that’s the most problematic. Wrapping that stuff and getting a smooth rounded results is nearly impossible.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I’ve done that before. I put a skin on my 6sPlus - I think I just wanted to try doing it. It took a lot of time and adjusting but I got it on pretty well, including the sides. It stayed on about 2 weeks and then it just annoyed me so I peeled it off. I did learn from it that I prefer a slim case.

The skins give you scratch protection though, and some grip.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2