Does anyone know how to bring back the battery percentage on display?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: No battery percentage

I also looked for the battery percentage. I do believe Apple changed that to the pull down screen only.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, having to slide down from the right upper corner in order to see the percentage is very inconvenient. I sure hope they can fix it. Or at least give us the option to REPLACE the green bar with the percentage number.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

It’s annoying and been happening since the X. My favorite widget is the battery widget because I can swipe right and see my watch, the phone and my Bluetooth earbuds. Otherwise, you kind of get used to not having the battery percentage.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, having to slide down from the right upper corner in order to see the percentage is very inconvenient. I sure hope they can fix it. Or at least give us the option to REPLACE the green bar with the percentage number.

Doubt they will fix it -- been that way since the iPhone X. Only so much info you can fit into the top left / right.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Doubt they will fix it -- been that way since the iPhone X. Only so much info you can fit into the top left / right.

While I somewhat agree with that, I have thought they should give an option to show a battery icon or a number -- though Apple is not big on giving users a choice.

If nothing else, it would be nice if they'd give the option for the percentage (with the icon) on the Max, since there is the added space which isn't being used.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

While I somewhat agree with that, I have thought they should give an option to show a battery icon or a number -- though Apple is not big on giving users a choice.

If nothing else, it would be nice if they'd give the option for the percentage (with the icon) on the Max, since there is the added space which isn't being used.

Oh I agree it would be nice but since it has been a year + and no change my hope is small for them in doing so. They want things to look a certain way up there hence why they never adopt icons being up there or anything.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

It is mildly annoying. It bothered me more when I first got my X and I’ve grown used to it since then. I find I don’t need to see the percentage all that often anyway. And with my XS Max I never have a reason.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
There is plenty of room on the XS Max to fit the % indicator, they do it on the Plus series, they should give the option to have a numeric % or a batter icon.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't care, used to it. At LEAST you can see % by swiping down.
Now what I REALLY wish they'd bring back is dBM signal instead of bars...

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Really not an issue for me. Looking at the battery indicator gives me a general idea and it’s not difficult to pull down the control center.

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I typically don't care about the battery % displaying. Even on my previous iPhone, it's always been off. I do have an apple watch so I have the battery widget and if I really need to check my bettery level, i can just take a quick glimpse at the battery widget. I personally think it's just too redundant to have it shown on the top, but that's just me and my opinion.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Curious why you think this is inconvenient.

After all, it is not like you are sitting there looking at the battery percentage all the time. Now, if the battery icon was NOT visible on the main display, I would totally understand the need to keep the percentage on the main screen.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry about the battery, till you see the icon turn red...

I find it annoying. Like an extra step to see the percentage. Personally I wish it was an option. IMO I see waiting for it to be red is like not seeing how much gas I have left till the gas light comes on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2