I’m purchasing the iPhone XS. Should I get Apple Care + for it?

Running Forlife

Sep 22, 2018
Visit site
I'm purchasing the IPhone XS tomorrow. My question is, should I get the Applecare? They were really pushing it hard today from Best Buy, but I don't know if it's worth it. I'm usually pretty careful with my phone. Is it worth it to pay $199?

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
Re: Applecare

I'm purchasing the IPhone XS tomorrow. My question is, should I get the Applecare? They were really pushing it hard today from Best Buy, but I don't know if it's worth it. I'm usually pretty careful with my phone. Is it worth it to pay $199?

I always buy it. Not the Best Buy warranty but the Apple specific Applecare+. Now with the phones having not just a glass front but also back it’s a small price to pay after paying so much for the phone to have peace of mind knowing that if anything happened to it, accidents can happen, that you are fully covered for two accidental damage replacements or any manufacturing issues for two years.

I buy it for the peace of mind more than anything.

tajaz11

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

I think they started a monthly payment this year, if 200 is a little steep for you, after purchasing the phone. You may want to check in on that.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Have you ever shattered a phone? If not than I would say no. I used to buy  care but I don’t keep my phones more than a year cuz I upgrade every year. I would say it’s probably worth it if you like to go case free but unless you have a history of damaging phones I don’t think it’s worth it.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I never get it.. considering the price and so far I have had every phone since iPhone 3. So far, not one broke/damaged. Add up all the Apple Care costs I did not pay... I could buy two iPhone Xs's from what I saved.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

I never get it.. considering the price and so far I have had every phone since iPhone 3. So far, not one broke/damaged. Add up all the Apple Care costs I did not pay... I could buy two iPhone Xs's from what I saved.

Lol you better go knock on some wood

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Applecare

I have never purchased AppleCare, but every time I don’t, I think I should have. It’s one of those things that my husband and I don’t necessarily agree on and so we don’t do it. But I always wish I would’ve! I do have to say that I’ve never needed it but with my watch I worry about it constantly and now it’s too late. You’ve got a little bit of time to make a decision so think about it very carefully.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Lol you better go knock on some wood

I take deliberate and conscience care of my items.... that does not mean accidents can't happen, but considering my wife and I always have iPhones, and I have 3 Homepods, and a few iPads and iPad pros, plus apple watches, that's several thousand dollars in Apple Care. As mentioned, even if I have to replace a phone or two over the course of time, I am still way ahead of getting Apple Care.

For those who want the protection without the high price, I know Square Trade is a great deal, and about 50% of Apple Care. I don't get that either, but just an option.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site

If you upgrade every year then you may not need it. If you just want the peace of mind then get it.

I get it for the peace of mind, knowing after spending so much on a phone, that if an accident (they do happen) were to occur that I would be covered. I tend to upgrade on an annual basis and the AppleCare+ has in cases helped me sell the phone. The buyer has comfort in knowing they are covered too. IF, the buyer does not want to pay a little more because it has AppleCare+ I simply sell the phone without it and contact Apple for a prorated refund. Not sure if that is an option everywhere but it is in Canada. Cheers.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site

I get it for the peace of mind, knowing after spending so much on a phone, that if an accident (they do happen) were to occur that I would be covered. I tend to upgrade on an annual basis and the AppleCare+ has in cases helped me sell the phone. The buyer has comfort in knowing they are covered too. IF, the buyer does not want to pay a little more because it has AppleCare+ I simply sell the phone without it and contact Apple for a prorated refund. Not sure if that is an option everywhere but it is in Canada. Cheers.

That's a good point. You can definitely get a prorated refund if you get rid of the device.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

I received my iPhone XS Max from Best Buy yesterday and they gave me the option to pay $14.99/month for AppleCare+ with loss and theft protection. That's a little easier to swallow than $200 upfront.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

To me it’s crazy to not get apple care. My X was the first phone I didn’t have to use it at least once for. I’ve even doubled up apple care with carrier insurance in the past due to me dropping two phones over the years to the bottom of a lake.

psy_duck

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site

yes. i always get applecare on my new iPhone every year! they will give you refund back for the 1 year if you decide to upgrade early..

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Applecare

For anybody who has Tmobile, you get Apple Care for free if you purchase their insurance. Wife and I activated our phones yesterday and apple care plus is already on there. Saved us $400 up front.

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

I take care of my house, car, health, etc. But sometimes bad things happen. It's nice to know that when these things happen, I have things in place to deal with them.

Is it worth it? To me, yes.

To you? That's something only you can determine.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77