iPhone XS Max Battery Only 3174 mAh?!

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
The iPhone has always had smaller battery capacities compared to it's Android competition devices and has ALWAYS performed better in both standby and usage.

I think that says a lot about their software management

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know if anyone has posted this video yet, but this guy did a battery drain test of several phones against each other. The iPhone XS Max won with the most battery life even compared to the 4,000mAh battery found in the note 9 despite only having a 3179mAh battery.

https://youtu.be/c06HoSJdDjo

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
I don’t know if anyone has posted this video yet, but this guy did a battery drain test of several phones against each other. The iPhone XS Max won with the most battery life even compared to the 4,000mAh battery found in the note 9 despite only having a 3179mAh battery.

https://youtu.be/c06HoSJdDjo

This is awesome! iOS is incredibly efficient, the whole point of the thread was not to spec vs spec or compare battery life of devices. It was to say if Samsung can fit a 4000 mAh battery into the Note 9, Apple can fit one into an XS Max and doing so would give users better battery life and longer SOT between charges. That is the one and only purpose to the thread.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This is awesome! iOS is incredibly efficient, the whole point of the thread was not to spec vs spec or compare battery life of devices. It was to say if Samsung can fit a 4000 mAh battery into the Note 9, Apple can fit one into an XS Max and doing so would give users better battery life and longer SOT between charges. That is the one and only purpose to the thread.

Shhhhhh, don't say that to loud. Apple might hear you and actually put a larger battery and charge us 100% above cost...LOL

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I’m extremely happy with my iMax’s battery. Just at 43% since yesterday at 6pm. And I’ve been on it A LOT.
I charge when needed. I do sleep after all. Perfect time to charge.
And for significant events, like a weather emergency, I would simply cut down on unnecessary use.
4bb0407a496f9e763296932c4ad7fc81.jpg

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I’m extremely happy with my iMax’s battery. Just at 43% since yesterday at 6pm. And I’ve been on it A LOT.
I charge when needed. I do sleep after all. Perfect time to charge.
And for significant events, like a weather emergency, I would simply cut down on unnecessary use.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180923/4bb0407a496f9e763296932c4ad7fc81.jpg

Exactly.
Unless you’re going to tell me you don’t sleep in a house with electricity or drive a car with a plug to charge your phone (maybe you live in a tent and walk everywhere) I don’t see where it’s a huge deal. As long I get through the day anything extra is unnecessary.

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
Exactly.
Unless you’re going to tell me you don’t sleep in a house with electricity or drive a car with a plug to charge your phone (maybe you live in a tent and walk everywhere) I don’t see where it’s a huge deal. As long I get through the day anything extra is unnecessary.

This is a fair point. I guess at the end of the day, as long as you are getting full day use on the battery based on how you use your phone all is well.