Google's Pixel 8 Pro could give some iPhone 15 Pro Max owners buyer's remorse

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This statement from the article says it all:

“Today, things are changing. And the Pixel 8 Pro is the most iPhone-like Android phone ever.”

The most iPhone-like? Why would I give up the real thing for one that’s not quite the real thing?

Reactions: FFR

13promax2023

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
The Pixel 8 Pro is here and it's an impressive bit of kit. Now it's time to start taking Google devices seriously.

Google's Pixel 8 Pro could give some iPhone 15 Pro Max owners buyer's remorse : Read more
Imo as long as google keeps using repurposed samsung exynos modems they won't be taken seriously by any iphone user. I was a pixel 7 owner and got tired of its modem performance. It’s fine if you have good cellphone service but the moment you get into an area with less than the best coverage your cellphone connectivity takes a big hit. Ended up trading my pixel in for a galaxy s23 ultra. I actually have the best of both worlds because I also own a 13 pro max, the best iphone apple has made so far in my opinion. It's really nice to be able to just switch out my sim card and enjoy the best of both operating systems. Which is probably the real reason why apple decided to remove the sim card from every iphone since the 13. Anyway, back to those crappy exynos modems, not even samsung uses them anymore yet google insist on sticking them in their phones while both apple and samsung have moved on to superior snapdragons. And it's a shame too because I really enjoyed the pixel 7. I loved the call screening, the camera, and using other pixel exclusive features. Nonetheless, until Google ditches those modems I won't be going back to the pixel line again.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This statement from the article says it all:

“Today, things are changing. And the Pixel 8 Pro is the most iPhone-like Android phone ever.”

The most iPhone-like? Why would I give up the real thing for one that’s not quite the real thing?

That’s the question. And the answer is you wouldn’t .

Psychologically speaking the more android copies Apple the more they alienate what remains of their premium fanbase.

Sooner or later those premium android users will switch to an iPhone as well due to a lack of differentiation, as you put it:

”Why would I give up the real thing for one That’s not quite the real thing”

Samsung shill that never had an iPhone
8c5c49bc1d6db12cd1a7dedde3636dd4.png

A lot of Samsung employees already switched to a. iPhone:
ce537329c9cc7324e5e44f13660ab0a2.png

b80cfdd6c8eeea0cc10881cd78b172ce.png

Samsung and pixel superfan that used to hate iPhones
dfe62481b280c7a34e42b75cee11f812.png

This guy never has an iPhone, he just switched.
b796aa3a5f1a3cf15f9b90bdb389d8a9.png

c5b3a737ecdaa0dfc0c98e379b4f240f.png

Reactions: Just_Me_D

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Imo as long as google keeps using repurposed samsung exynos modems they won't be taken seriously by any iphone user. I was a pixel 7 owner and got tired of its modem performance. It’s fine if you have good cellphone service but the moment you get into an area with less than the best coverage your cellphone connectivity takes a big hit. Ended up trading my pixel in for a galaxy s23 ultra. I actually have the best of both worlds because I also own a 13 pro max, the best iphone apple has made so far in my opinion. It's really nice to be able to just switch out my sim card and enjoy the best of both operating systems. Which is probably the real reason why apple decided to remove the sim card from every iphone since the 13. Anyway, back to those crappy exynos modems, not even samsung uses them anymore yet google insist on sticking them in their phones while both apple and samsung have moved on to superior snapdragons. And it's a shame too because I really enjoyed the pixel 7. I loved the call screening, the camera, and using other pixel exclusive features. Nonetheless, until Google ditches those modems I won't be going back to the pixel line again.

You get live voicemail in iOS 17, it’s better than googles call screening.

It’s not just the modems that are crappy but also the Samsung made exynos “tensor” soc, complete garbage. Probably why flagship pixel sales are quite bad.

Reactions: 13promax2023

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 15 pro max is making the pixel photo look dull and lifeless. Apple just crushed the only thing going for pixels

ea047ce5a482f83f572ab8d6ec7b4e02.png

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien