Can I use my Samsung wireless charger with my iPhone XS Max?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
So I just ordered the Xs Max and I have a samsung fast charging wireless charger at my work, will that be ok to charge my new Max?

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: wireless fast charging question

So I just ordered the Xs Max and I have a samsung fast charging wireless charger at my work, will that be ok to charge my new Max?

Yes. You probably won’t get the fast charging part of it unless Apple up’d the xs max (iPhone X only charged at 7.5w) but any QI wireless charger should work.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

thanks, just wanted to make sure it was safe and not over charge my new phone

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site

From my understanding, even if you use a high watt wireless charger on let’s say the iPhone X, the X is only capable of up to a 7.5w charge.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Just to add, in order to have the ability to charge at 7.5w the charger has to be Apple certified. Off the top of my head the only Qi chargers that have been certified by Apple are Mophie and Belkin. So if your samsung faster charger isn't certified by Apple the phone will only charge at 5w

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

I would be careful as some fast chargers put out 12VDC or even more! The circuitry is SUPPOSED to be "aware" of this and support 5W charging at least, but I'd err on the side of caution with this. The last thing you want is a disabled port on your new phone. If you want to charge as fast as possible, use either an ipad or better yet, macbook usb-c brick and a usb-c to lightning cable.

And before using just any USB-C charger, may want to read this article here.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-usb-c-chargers-whats-safe-whats-dangerous/

Many are not safe to use!

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

I would be careful as some fast chargers put out 12VDC or even more! The circuitry is SUPPOSED to be "aware" of this and support 5W charging at least, but I'd err on the side of caution with this. The last thing you want is a disabled port on your new phone. If you want to charge as fast as possible, use either an ipad or better yet, macbook usb-c brick and a usb-c to lightning cable.

And before using just any USB-C charger, may want to read this article here.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-usb-c-chargers-whats-safe-whats-dangerous/

Many are not safe to use!

So, I read an earlier iMore article, and believed it, on the rather foolish basis that an Applecentric article must have had some fact checking before publication.
Now,can some of the paid staff at iMore look at this again please, and then give us a list of suitable chargers to use with a usb c to lightning cable for the advertised fast charging feature. This is one of the most useful features of the recent iPhones for me !

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site

So, I read an earlier iMore article, and believed it, on the rather foolish basis that an Applecentric article must have had some fact checking before publication.
Now,can some of the paid staff at iMore look at this again please, and then give us a list of suitable chargers to use with a usb c to lightning cable for the advertised fast charging feature. This is one of the most useful features of the recent iPhones for me !
I believe iMore has made an article in the past when the X first came out. Or it might of been 9to5Mac. I'll try to find it.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

I’ve been using Samsung fast charger since day one on my X. It's supposed to provide up to 15W but  limited iPhone X at 7.5w. iPhone XS Max is supposed to charge faster out of the box, 10W I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2