Setup new phone

Nepaiphone

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
In preparing to receive my new phone friday, im stuck deciding to setup as new or from a backup from my 8+..i want my passwords as well as health data so do i have to setup from backup?

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
In preparing to receive my new phone friday, im stuck deciding to setup as new or from a backup from my 8+..i want my passwords as well as health data so do i have to setup from backup?

I’m pretty sure you do since passwords and health data are stored in the cloud, but I could be wrong. I don’t usually set up as new.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I do not restore a backup to a brand new device, but that's Just Me, D. In regard to your Safari passwords and health data, both should autosync to your new device once you've configured it with your Apple ID. A few days ago, I setup my iPhone X as a new device with the GM version of iOS 12 and my keyboard shortcuts, health data, Safari passwords, etcetera, all synced to my device after I set it up.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I just updated to iOS 12 so I will go from a backup, its the only way to insure you get everything transferred.

Last edited:

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
This will be the first time in years that I plan to start from scratch. Gives me the ability to install just the apps I need. I have so many apps that I no longer use so this will be a good time to purge and start a new fresh backup.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
When I traded in my 7 Plus a year old, I opted for a Samsung S8+. And now I see I either didn't bother backing up the Plus or can't find it in the cloud with my iPad. I'll be using most of the same apps I had before but I'll be forced to start the Max as new which isn't such a bad thing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77