AMOLED Panel —Samsung or LG?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
LOL. I guess I'm not a total tech Guru after all, but I do know my Xs Max Screen is stunning no matter which panel is currently on my MAX.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
LOL. I guess I'm not a total tech Guru after all, but I do know my Xs Max Screen is stunning no matter which panel is currently on my MAX.

I have to agree with Spencer on this one, I just really don't notice the difference, honestly. It works, it looks great, I am happy... that's about it.

It's like with the benchmarks.. Woohoo... but I don't play games, or do intensive graphics on my phone (that's what my Graphics (Photoshop) PC was designed for.. and I don't really watch anything on my phone unless I am bored in a waiting room, but mostly I would play my music and/or Audible.

I get it because it works and I like it..

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
They’re all Samsung panels right now since LG just passed apples QC tests

Samsung is only the fabricator, it’s an apple panel through and through.

b480c207eb53e2eca7ba76af2f12bfc8.jpg

There is a difference between the oled panels apple offers and off the shelf oled panels Samsung display sells or Samsung mobile currently uses.

8e2f501c1afbea69080a81b022993e21.jpg

The iPhone clearly has the superior panel.

As to the op’s question the lg manufactured apple oled display has yet to be used in current models, perhaps next year.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. I was unaware.

Question... Is that historically the supply chain is handled? Duplicate or multiple suppliers for a particular part?

Apple also used Qualcomm and Intel modems in the 7 and 7+. The Intel version is considered inferior to the Qualcomm model.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Apple also used Qualcomm and Intel modems in the 7 and 7+. The Intel version is considered inferior to the Qualcomm model.

Not Intel, they don't do SOC's. It's Exynos for all European models, and it's tbh superior to the Qualcomm chips. Trust me, I've tried them multiple times.

Apple always used Intel and Qualcomm modems. They handle the radios. That’s why there was the controversy years back with Verizon having faster speeds. I think it was Verizon anyway. Regardless, Apple throttled the Qualcomm modems so they would match the slower speeds of the Intel modems. This year they are all Intel modems. The SoC is Apple’s, that’s the A series chip.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
These sorts of debates or this sort of wondering always seems silly to me but to be fair, my day job is managing IT for 750ish people. It’s rare when any of the many first tier product purchases we make are not good products. I think most people would see more performance and see better if they worked on their fitness vs obsess on what components are in a top tier product.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2