I am coming from the iPhone 7. I can get a new X, not the XS, for $800 or the XR for $750. What do you think is the better value, smarter choice? Thanks.
    09-30-2018 01:17 PM
    In my humble opinion the XR. It has most of the features of the Xs family- except 3D-Touch, no OLED Display and a single OIS 12 MP camera instead of a Dual-Cam.

But if you are focused on taking pictures you should go with the „old“ X.
    bgl321 likes this.
    09-30-2018 01:32 PM
    Screw the XR. Lcd screen eww. Single camera eww ( this isn’t the pixel 2) the screen once again. The only thing that’s better is the A12 but even then the A11 is still faster then the 845 and probably on par or better then the 855 or whatever their next one is. Thus you’ll be fine for a while with the X
    bgl321 and Premium1 like this.
    09-30-2018 02:04 PM
    I am coming from the iPhone 7. I can get a new X, not the XS, for $800 or the XR for $750. What do you think is the better value, smarter choice? Thanks.
    $50 separate last year's iPhone X from this year's iPhone XR. Since I don't care about the camera or the LCD screen, I wouldn't hesitate to get the newest iPhone model. A good deal of people are still caught up in the spec game. Sure an OLED looks better, but how much better depends on the individual. In addition, an LCD display is not junk. It is still bright, and clear. As for the camera, I've stated on numerous occasions that the camera that was on my iPhone 4S is still more than enough for a good deal of people.

If you can wait, wait until the iPhone XR hits the stores and then go and handle it in person. Afterwards, make your decision. If you need a new iPhone right now, then get the iPhone X.
    09-30-2018 02:21 PM
    $50 separate last year's iPhone X from this year's iPhone XR. Since I don't care about the camera or the LCD screen, I wouldn't hesitate to the newest model. A good deal of people are still caught up in the spec game. Sure an OLED looks better, but how much better depends on the individual. In addition, an LCD display is not junk. It is still bright, and clear. As for the camera, I've stated on numerous occasions that the camera that was on my iPhone 4S is still more than enough for a good deal of people.

If you can wait, wait until the iPhone XR hits the stores and then go and handle it in person. Afterwards, make your decision. If you need a new iPhone right now, then get the iPhone X.
    Yes. I think this is probably the smartest thing to do. My 7 is running fine so I don’t need one now... heck probably could keep it for at least another year but I do like Face ID so I getting one or the other. That said, I’ll probably end up with an XS or XS Max
    09-30-2018 02:26 PM
    ... That said, I’ll probably end up with an XS or XS Max
    I know, right?....(laughing)
    bgl321 and Annie_8plus like this.
    09-30-2018 02:31 PM
    I’d be tempted to get the XR for the colors. But in all honesty I’d probably go with the X if I sat down to really think about it.
    Premium1, libra89, bgl321 and 1 others like this.
    09-30-2018 08:05 PM
    X for the higher res for sure.
    bgl321 likes this.
    10-01-2018 12:32 AM
    The X is better in my view.
    bgl321 likes this.
    10-01-2018 03:58 AM
    Buying new iPhone XS when you are having iPhone X is like getting new Ferrari, when you are having same last version of Ferrari. Because the updated Ferrari may have new paint, new gadgamatics, bells, whistles, fast engine but after all its the same car you buy last year. It just different in few features and some gadgamatics. And just as Ferrari buying new iPhone xs over iPhone X is the same. No difference. Beneath it's the same mobile device you've used before..
    10-01-2018 05:16 AM
    It’s depends on what the individuals needs are and their budget. As what others on this thread have stated, I would go with the latest device available.

I also like the different colors available on the XR model. If your using the device primarily as a communication device, the LCD screen will be fine and even though the camera is not the top of the line, if you not looking at using the photos in a magazine, it will serve its purpose. Just my two cents.
    10-01-2018 06:23 AM
    I’d get the X over the XR any day, for the $50 extra you get better screen, better camera, and the speed between processors is unnoticeable.
    10-01-2018 07:39 AM
    Buying new iPhone XS when you are having iPhone X is like getting new Ferrari, when you are having same last version of Ferrari. Because the updated Ferrari may have new paint, new gadgamatics, bells, whistles, fast engine but after all its the same car you buy last year. It just different in few features and some gadgamatics. And just as Ferrari buying new iPhone xs over iPhone X is the same. No difference. Beneath it's the same mobile device you've used before..
    Soooooo which is the better deal? The iPhone X or the iPhone XR?
    bgl321 likes this.
    10-01-2018 08:33 AM
    I like big screens, the bigger the better. I say go with the XR. I'm my opinion if your ready to purchase go with what was released in that particular year. There is no reason to buy something new that is old. XR is the better deal in my opinion.
    bgl321 and Just_Me_D like this.
    10-01-2018 08:43 AM
    I’d get the X over the XR any day, for the $50 extra you get better screen, better camera, and the speed between processors is unnoticeable.
    The XR normal camera is better than the X. You'd only be missing the 2x telephoto camera sensor, but if you would never use that, the XR camera will be better.

(It is hard to judge which phone anybody should buy between an X or an XR considering nobody has actually used an XR yet, nobody knows if battery estimates by Apple are correct, nobody knows how the cameras really work, nobody really knows how good the display is.)
    bgl321, Spencerdl and nikkisharif like this.
    10-01-2018 10:12 AM
    the OP has the iphone 7. They stated they could get an X or an XR as an upgrade.....
    bgl321 likes this.
    10-01-2018 09:50 PM
    I decided to go get the X from a 7. Don't care about colors. Perfect size for me.
    bgl321 and nikkisharif like this.
    10-01-2018 09:57 PM
    the OP has the iphone 7. They stated they could get an X or an XR as an upgrade.....
    I could get the XS or Max as well but not sure I want spend anymore that $800. For $15 more a month I could get the XS (256 gb) now so the decision continues...
    10-01-2018 10:37 PM
    Soooooo which is the better deal? The iPhone X or the iPhone XR?
    I am saying while having iPhone X and then buying new iPhone XS is not necessary. Anyway I think iPhone X is the better deal.
    Just_Me_D, Speedygi and bgl321 like this.
    10-01-2018 11:15 PM
    I am saying while having iPhone X and then buying new iPhone XS is not necessary. Anyway I think iPhone X is the better deal.
    To clarify, you think the X is the better deal than the XS?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-01-2018 11:51 PM
    Bro, get the X trust me you won’t regret it. Yes maybe XR might have the new chip and camera system, but it isn’t a big jump from the “X” and the OLED 1125p is a mega plus compared to the below 900p LCD screen. iOS 12 made the X way better. Go for the X! I’m sticking to my X for another year or so
    Tartarus, bgl321 and H_D like this.
    10-02-2018 12:00 AM
    Bro, get the X trust me you won’t regret it. Yes maybe XR might have the new chip and camera system, but it isn’t a big jump from the “X” and the OLED 1125p is a mega plus compared to the below 900p LCD screen. iOS 12 made the X way better. Go for the X! I’m sticking to my X for another year or so
    Thanks man! Now I’m considering the X or the XS
    10-02-2018 12:28 AM
    To clarify, you think the X is the better deal than the XS?
    Yes! That's my opinion. I am currently using iPhone X and I think that I do not need to upgrade iPhone XS.
    bgl321 likes this.
    10-02-2018 01:20 AM
    Thanks man! Now I’m considering the X or the XS
    If you want to save go for the X. Not much of a upgrade to XS. X is awesome
    bgl321 and H_D like this.
    10-02-2018 11:15 AM
    Yes! That's my opinion. I am currently using iPhone X and I think that I do not need to upgrade iPhone XS.
    Same here
    bgl321 and JBloverz like this.
    10-02-2018 11:15 AM
27 12