Downloading iOS 12 public beta ?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I won't complain until the official release but I was really hoping the delay between taking a screenshot and being presented with the "Share" screen and selecting "Messages" would have been resolved in an update that's devoted to speed. I'm still frustrated by this extreme lag. Hopefully by the time iOS 12 releases officially, it will be resolved.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I won't complain until the official release but I was really hoping the delay between taking a screenshot and being presented with the "Share" screen and selecting "Messages" would have been resolved in an update that's devoted to speed. I'm still frustrated by this extreme lag. Hopefully by the time iOS 12 releases officially, it will be resolved.

Does this happen every time for you? The share menu comes up immediately for me on beta 3

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen every time for you? The share menu comes up immediately for me on beta 3

Nah not every time. Probably at least once or twice a day though (I send quite a few screenshots). This has been an issue for a while in my experience since iOS 11 released. No rhyme or reason to when or why. It's not the share menu that is delayed. It's when I select "messages" from the share menu after taking a screenshot. Sometimes Messages comes right up. Other times it takes several seconds.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I always wait until the 2nd beta for .0 releases. That is, unless I have another phone I can use if I run into a bug that makes my phone unusable. I'm usually too lazy to go through the process of rolling back. I haven't had any major issues since going with iOS 12.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Nah not every time. Probably at least once or twice a day though (I send quite a few screenshots). This has been an issue for a while in my experience since iOS 11 released. No rhyme or reason to when or why. It's not the share menu that is delayed. It's when I select "messages" from the share menu after taking a screenshot. Sometimes Messages comes right up. Other times it takes several seconds.

Mine does that same thing. I don't even try to share from the screenshot screen anymore, I save it and then go to whatever app I wanted to share it to and plug it in there. I can't stand the lag.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine does that same thing. I don't even try to share from the screenshot screen anymore, I save it and then go to whatever app I wanted to share it to and plug it in there. I can't stand the lag.

Yea it's frustrating. What's so frustrating is that, in theory, it's an awesome feature. It makes things so much more convenient. I love the ability to quickly share it, then delete it from my gallery. I HATE having so many screenshot images in my gallery lol. This feature cured that for me.

I do hope this gets addressed but I haven't found that there are that many people experiencing this lag.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Yea it's frustrating. What's so frustrating is that, in theory, it's an awesome feature. It makes things so much more convenient. I love the ability to quickly share it, then delete it from my gallery. I HATE having so many screenshot images in my gallery lol. This feature cured that for me.

I do hope this gets addressed but I haven't found that there are that many people experiencing this lag.

Ok so quick update on this lol...I actually tried doing it just now, because I have been so mad about it that I haven't tried using the quick share feature in months. I think I may have had 2 updates since then, for sure 1, so I thought I should try it again just to make sure.
And...its working. No more lag. I tested it on GroupMe, WhatsApp, and iMessage - worked flawlessly, with no lag.

So...have you tried it again recently?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok so quick update on this lol...I actually tried doing it just now, because I have been so mad about it that I haven't tried using the quick share feature in months. I think I may have had 2 updates since then, for sure 1, so I thought I should try it again just to make sure.
And...its working. No more lag. I tested it on GroupMe, WhatsApp, and iMessage - worked flawlessly, with no lag.

So...have you tried it again recently?

Yup. I do it daily. The lag isn't consistent. Sometimes it works flawlessly. Other times I want to pound my face against the pavement while I'm waiting...

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Ohhh...Well see, mine never worked. Like ever. I would think it was actually freezing my phone so i stopped doing it. Granted, I do not share screenshots very often, so it doesn't come up for me but maybe once every couple weeks.

Well I hope the next time i do need to quick share a screenshot it doesn't freeze up again. =/

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Ohhh...Well see, mine never worked. Like ever. I would think it was actually freezing my phone so i stopped doing it. Granted, I do not share screenshots very often, so it doesn't come up for me but maybe once every couple weeks.

Well I hope the next time i do need to quick share a screenshot it doesn't freeze up again. =/

I don't share screenshots often either, but on the occasion I do I've not had any issues with lag.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't share screenshots often either, but on the occasion I do I've not had any issues with lag.

Yea if it's not something you do often, I don't imagine you'd notice it as an issue. I do it rather consistently. I'd say I share anywhere from 5-10 screenshots daily.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2