iPhone X Lock code

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
Doesn’t seem very secure lol. 4 digit lock code and it unlocks after the first two digits

I’ve never heard of that happening. Try resetting the passcode. If you aren’t happy with only 4 digits, there are other options as well as Face ID.

f18ad491eb83a7b3aa51cdd537bd0162.jpg

mykals

Mar 30, 2018
Visit site
Firstly, thankyou for your reply Matt.
But yeh no,I don’t want to do six digits, too much hard work lol.
Was just curious why it would unlock after 2 digits
My point was WHY? Does the screen on iPhone X also read thumbprints?

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
Firstly, thankyou for your reply Matt.
But yeh no,I don’t want to do six digits, too much hard work lol.
Was just curious why it would unlock after 2 digits
My point was WHY? Does the screen on iPhone X also read thumbprints?

The phone should never unlock after only entering two digits. If you have Face ID enabled and for whatever reason your face cannot be read by the phone, it will prompt you to enter your passcode. If you enter two digits, or even one digit at this point, and then move the phone away from your face so the screen is facing up and then move the screen back so that it is aimed at your face, the phone will unlock because now it’s using Face ID again, even if you have already entered a digit or two from your passcode. The iPhone X does not have a fingerprint reader (Touch ID), so no it will not read your fingerprint.

mykals

Mar 30, 2018
Visit site
Yeh I thought about that.. but I disabled face recognition.
Do me a favour and please try it. If you have the iPhone X, disable face-rec and use a lock code (4 digits) and let me know what happens

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
Yeh I thought about that.. but I disabled face recognition.
Do me a favour and please try it. If you have the iPhone X, disable face-rec and use a lock code (4 digits) and let me know what happens

I actually tried this before I replied to your initial post just in case it was an unknown bug introduced after installing 11.3 today and I am not having the issue you are describing. I need to enter all four digits of my passcode before the phone will unlock.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77