iPhone X dust in the lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
tenor.jpg

Just seeing this thread and that's what comes to mind :rotfl:

The picture earlier with the dust circled looks like the phone is covered with other marks and dings that are more concerning than the "dust" (is the phone in a case?). The sample photos look great, so there's nothing to worry about. As has been pointed out numerous times just enjoy your phone, if you can (I know for those with OCD it may not be possible). I hope you get something figured out.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure what some folks are debating against/for.

General theme seems:

My iPhone X has ‘problems’ and I created this post to share.

But we have seen the OP asking “what to do” several times here in the forums and exchanged several X’s from Apple Store. Still come back with problems and ask forums users “what to do”.

Seriously though, what can we forums users do? Nothing.

If you have issues with your X, the first thing you need to do is get support from Apple. The Apple Support is great and will help you in figuring out what is going on. Venting here in the forums has no use whatsoever.

Now, some folks are also suggesting to ignore finding flaws and enjoy the phone. That’s not good either but same thing applies. If you find a problem, contact Apple Support. Very simple!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Just curious, people who are seeing the dust in camera lens, can it be seen with the naked eye?

Yes it can be. But i noticed when I looked at my camera lense out in sunlight. The bottom lense has a piece of lint in it. If you look at it in doors, it’s not noticeable.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
How can anyone see dust on their lens or screen protector. Sounds a little picky to me plus dust is everywhere hard not to have dust somewhere.

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re:

I”m on the iPhone upgrade program
And I can’t return it yet since there’s no new iPhone out yet.

The dust is in the lens and does not show in photos.

Why are you making this such a big deal when you are going to be "Upgrading" to a new one this year when you are on the iUP? Not worth the time. Personally I don't see any dust in your photos. Just keep it.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I have a big problem I had this on my previous post on iPhone 7 and I posted on some forums .

I called Apple talked to a senior advisor cause my Phone vibration stopped working and also it has dust in then lens.

The ERS she sent out had dust in the lens again an loose vibration switch.

I called her back and she advised me this time due to my case history for a physical Apple store to see it and reported this to engineers for them to help me.

The last 3 iPhones I pulled out of the box looks just like that. Dust everywhere. Seems like there “new phones” either have dust under the lens. Scratches or missing paint. I’ve had a lot of other electronics including phones made by other manufacturers and never had dust under the lens or scratches or anything like that. Not even once.

How can this be possible both the X and 7 I owned iPhone 6 and under no dust under the lens at all ?

Attachments

• 614AEC7E-6EFA-4DC1-B90C-150C6C074B86.jpeg
    614AEC7E-6EFA-4DC1-B90C-150C6C074B86.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 5

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I have a big problem I had this on my previous post on iPhone 7 and I posted on some forums .

I called Apple talked to a senior advisor cause my Phone vibration stopped working and also it has dust in then lens.

The ERS she sent out had dust in the lens again an loose vibration switch.

I called her back and she advised me this time due to my case history for a physical Apple store to see it and reported this to engineers for them to help me.

The last 3 iPhones I pulled out of the box looks just like that. Dust everywhere. Seems like there “new phones” either have dust under the lens. Scratches or missing paint. I’ve had a lot of other electronics including phones made by other manufacturers and never had dust under the lens or scratches or anything like that. Not even once.

How can this be possible both the X and 7 I owned iPhone 6 and under no dust under the lens at all ?

Are you sure the dust isn't on the lens?

Seriously, once I remove the protective film from my new device, dust is attracted to it like a magnet. Dust gets on things.

If I were you, I'd look into alternatives because your history with Apple seems pretty poor.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Are you sure the dust isn't on the lens?

Seriously, once I remove the protective film from my new device, dust is attracted to it like a magnet. Dust gets on things.

If I were you, I'd look into alternatives because your history with Apple seems pretty poor.

Yes and the loose mute switch isn’t normal and I can”t till iMessage comes to Android.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Re:

What complaint?

Facepalm.jpg

As a photographer, I see nothing wrong in either of the above photos. I currently have a spec of something (could be dust or a scratch) between the lens and flash on my 7+ and I do not in any way see it affecting the photos my iPhone is taking.

Also, as a photographer, I've opened brand new lenses and during my initial inspection I may see a spec of dust under the glass, so I do know the frustration. You have two options: (1) Contact Apple and speak to a senior manager, or (2) don't so anything.

However, if you decide to go with option #2 , then it's on you.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Re:

View attachment 122807

As a photographer, I see nothing wrong in either of the above photos. I currently have a spec of something (could be dust or a scratch) between the lens and flash on my 7+ and I do not in any way see it affecting the photos my iPhone is taking.

Also, as a photographer, I've opened brand new lenses and during my initial inspection I may see a spec of dust under the glass, so I do know the frustration. You have two options: (1) Contact Apple and speak to a senior manager, or (2) don't so anything.

However, if you decide to go with option #2 , then it's on you.

I”m working with a senior advisor and told me to bring it to store

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
TBH you might get yourself banned from your local Apple Store with how much you are asking to exchange. I know other stores have done it.. I haven't heard of Apple doing it but for you to get this many "dust in lens" phones seems a tad odd. At some point it has to be something going on with what you are doing to the phones.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
TBH you might get yourself banned from your local Apple Store with how much you are asking to exchange. I know other stores have done it.. I haven't heard of Apple doing it but for you to get this many "dust in lens" phones seems a tad odd. At some point it has to be something going on with what you are doing to the phones.

I showed them all the photos and they believed me and it’s an outrage how they are not fixing the manufacture Line defect

I worked with the senior advisor she said she heard of this issue and no one is addressing it

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
I think you need to seriously go find other phones that work for you. No point here posting more and more posts about the dust in the camera.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I showed them all the photos and they believed me and it’s an outrage how they are not fixing the manufacture Line defect

I worked with the senior advisor she said she heard of this issue and no one is addressing it

I am glad someone believes you. I personally don't believe that the issue isn't being caused by you (if indeed it is dust under the lens). Having 5+ (or more) phones in a row have it for you is pretty intense. I have owned many phones and I have never had it once. TBH I don't know anyone who has had this issue.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I am glad someone believes you. I personally don't believe that the issue isn't being caused by you (if indeed it is dust under the lens). Having 5+ (or more) phones in a row have it for you is pretty intense. I have owned many phones and I have never had it once. TBH I don't know anyone who has had this issue.

My friend who got his from Verizon been through 3 swaps from Verizon he ended returning it for a refund I can’t since I”m IUP

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My friend who got his from Verizon been through 3 swaps from Verizon he ended returning it for a refund I can’t since I”m IUP

Yeah as I said the main cause seems to be you around the phone.

Idk .. Sorry just can't believe you are getting that many manufacturer defects. They do happen but not this much. From the posts you have shown I don't see dust in the lens. The spot you think is dust I don't believe is -- I think it is just the lighting. Hence why you see no issues with your photos. You seem to be more on the hunt to convince us here that there is an issue but I just fail to see one from your evidence.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Yeah as I said the main cause seems to be you around the phone.

Idk .. Sorry just can't believe you are getting that many manufacturer defects. They do happen but not this much. From the posts you have shown I don't see dust in the lens. The spot you think is dust I don't believe is -- I think it is just the lighting. Hence why you see no issues with your photos. You seem to be more on the hunt to convince us here that there is an issue but I just fail to see one from your evidence.

Apple will fix since it’s there defect not mine

Status
Not open for further replies.