iPhone X dust in the lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
C'mon guys, it's okay to be amazed and even bewildered and yes, we all have our moments of irritation. With that being said, we have to remind ourselves of the following:

1. Some people are exceptionally OCD.
2. Those who pop up in the forums periodically to agitate ALWAYS seek an audience.
3. If you've taken the time to offer assistance, be done with it. There's no need to allow yourself to get all worked up over a complete stranger's legitimate OCD or his or her foolishness.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Update I cleaned it but is it a spec of dust or part of the sensor this is an ers replacement?

It isn’t part of the sensor. As for it being a speck of dust or not I couldn’t tell you. Your phone is still quite dirty considering you just cleaned it so it’s very possible it’s just something stuck to the outside.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
It isn’t part of the sensor. As for it being a speck of dust or not I couldn’t tell you. Your phone is still quite dirty considering you just cleaned it so it’s very possible it’s just something stuck to the outside.

It looks inside but how would I know for sure what that is do any of you have an iPhone X

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It looks inside but how would I know for sure what that is do any of you have an iPhone X

If you’re going to ask for advice and then question the answers you’re given why even ask in the first place? By the looks of it you’ve done nothing but argue the advice you’ve been given since your very first post in this ridiculously long thread about specks of dust all over your iPhone.
How would you know for sure it’s not a sensor? Actually take a damp lint free cloth and clean your phone, as several here have recommended. Or you could take it to Apple, as several here have recommended.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 6.28.46 AM.png

Zoomed in. That still looks to me like the rest of whatever that white material is that is still on the outside of the display.

Just use your phone, it is fine. Make a Genius Bar appt if you want Apple to check it. They will make sure to clean it properly for you.

Yes, I have an iPhone X.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is that part of the sensor I will call Apple care today

There are no sensors located right there.
b190e379230603e68f833889872cf2fb.png

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The ambient light sensor stretches to about the same width as and just above the speaker grill. It’s very difficult to see even on my own phone. From your photo I cannot tell if the area is over the sensor or not. I think the area you are highlighting is not over the sensor but slightly higher than the sensor, which is one of the reasons why I’m sure it’s material on the front of the glass that you haven’t cleaned.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
The ambient light sensor stretches to about the same width as and just above the speaker grill. It’s very difficult to see even on my own phone. From your photo I cannot tell if the area is over the sensor or not. I think the area you are highlighting is not over the sensor but slightly higher than the sensor, which is one of the reasons why I’m sure it’s material on the front of the glass that you haven’t cleaned.

mines doesn’t come out talking to Apple care to see if it’s normal or if it needs a replacement

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
mines doesn’t come out talking to Apple care to see if it’s normal or if it needs a replacement

Does it really need replacement? How many phones have you replaced for the X alone? As we have told you many times, there is no perfect phone. I have a piece of lint or dust in my camera lense. How many times have I replaced? Zero. Why? Because my phone works as it should and it doesn’t affect the picture quality.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Does it really need replacement? How many phones have you replaced for the X alone? As we have told you many times, there is no perfect phone. I have a piece of lint or dust in my camera lense. How many times have I replaced? Zero. Why? Because my phone works as it should and it doesn’t affect the picture quality.

3 and this issue isn’t normal

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Alright this has gone on long enough. I’m locking this thread until we figure out what to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRizzlemeup