I”m on the iPhone upgrade program
    And I can’t return it yet since there’s no new iPhone out yet.

The dust is in the lens and does not show in photos.
    Why are you making this such a big deal when you are going to be "Upgrading" to a new one this year when you are on the iUP? Not worth the time. Personally I don't see any dust in your photos. Just keep it.
    02-17-2018 08:01 PM
    I have a big problem I had this on my previous post on iPhone 7 and I posted on some forums .

I called Apple talked to a senior advisor cause my Phone vibration stopped working and also it has dust in then lens.

The ERS she sent out had dust in the lens again an loose vibration switch.

I called her back and she advised me this time due to my case history for a physical Apple store to see it and reported this to engineers for them to help me.

The last 3 iPhones I pulled out of the box looks just like that. Dust everywhere. Seems like there “new phones” either have dust under the lens. Scratches or missing paint. I’ve had a lot of other electronics including phones made by other manufacturers and never had dust under the lens or scratches or anything like that. Not even once.

How can this be possible both the X and 7 I owned iPhone 6 and under no dust under the lens at all ?
    Attached Thumbnails iPhone X dust in the lens-614aec7e-6efa-4dc1-b90c-150c6c074b86.jpeg  
    04-06-2018 11:51 AM
    I have a big problem I had this on my previous post on iPhone 7 and I posted on some forums .

I called Apple talked to a senior advisor cause my Phone vibration stopped working and also it has dust in then lens.

The ERS she sent out had dust in the lens again an loose vibration switch.

I called her back and she advised me this time due to my case history for a physical Apple store to see it and reported this to engineers for them to help me.

The last 3 iPhones I pulled out of the box looks just like that. Dust everywhere. Seems like there “new phones” either have dust under the lens. Scratches or missing paint. I’ve had a lot of other electronics including phones made by other manufacturers and never had dust under the lens or scratches or anything like that. Not even once.

How can this be possible both the X and 7 I owned iPhone 6 and under no dust under the lens at all ?
    Are you sure the dust isn't on the lens?

Seriously, once I remove the protective film from my new device, dust is attracted to it like a magnet. Dust gets on things.

If I were you, I'd look into alternatives because your history with Apple seems pretty poor.
    04-06-2018 11:57 AM

Seriously, once I remove the protective film from my new device, dust is attracted to it like a magnet. Dust gets on things.

If I were you, I'd look into alternatives because your history with Apple seems pretty poor.
    Yes and the loose mute switch isn’t normal and I can”t till iMessage comes to Android.
    04-06-2018 12:01 PM
    Yes and the loose mute switch isn’t normal and I can”t till iMessage comes to Android.
    How do you know it's loose? There's no way for me to determine that on my device because it's so tiny.
    04-06-2018 12:06 PM
    How do you know it's loose? There's no way for me to determine that on my device because it's so tiny.
    I have my old iPhone X with me to compare that’s why
    04-06-2018 12:12 PM
    What complaint?
    iPhone X dust in the lens-facepalm.jpg

As a photographer, I see nothing wrong in either of the above photos. I currently have a spec of something (could be dust or a scratch) between the lens and flash on my 7+ and I do not in any way see it affecting the photos my iPhone is taking.

Also, as a photographer, I've opened brand new lenses and during my initial inspection I may see a spec of dust under the glass, so I do know the frustration. You have two options: (1) Contact Apple and speak to a senior manager, or (2) don't so anything.

However, if you decide to go with option #2 , then it's on you.
    04-06-2018 12:14 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Facepalm.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	122807

As a photographer, I see nothing wrong in either of the above photos. I currently have a spec of something (could be dust or a scratch) between the lens and flash on my 7+ and I do not in any way see it affecting the photos my iPhone is taking.

Also, as a photographer, I've opened brand new lenses and during my initial inspection I may see a spec of dust under the glass, so I do know the frustration. You have two options: (1) Contact Apple and speak to a senior manager, or (2) don't so anything.

However, if you decide to go with option #2 , then it's on you.
    I”m working with a senior advisor and told me to bring it to store
    04-06-2018 12:16 PM
    TBH you might get yourself banned from your local Apple Store with how much you are asking to exchange. I know other stores have done it.. I haven't heard of Apple doing it but for you to get this many "dust in lens" phones seems a tad odd. At some point it has to be something going on with what you are doing to the phones.
    04-06-2018 02:14 PM
    TBH you might get yourself banned from your local Apple Store with how much you are asking to exchange. I know other stores have done it.. I haven't heard of Apple doing it but for you to get this many "dust in lens" phones seems a tad odd. At some point it has to be something going on with what you are doing to the phones.
    I showed them all the photos and they believed me and it’s an outrage how they are not fixing the manufacture Line defect

I worked with the senior advisor she said she heard of this issue and no one is addressing it
    04-06-2018 02:57 PM
    I think you need to seriously go find other phones that work for you. No point here posting more and more posts about the dust in the camera.
    04-06-2018 03:10 PM
    I showed them all the photos and they believed me and it’s an outrage how they are not fixing the manufacture Line defect

I worked with the senior advisor she said she heard of this issue and no one is addressing it
    I am glad someone believes you. I personally don't believe that the issue isn't being caused by you (if indeed it is dust under the lens). Having 5+ (or more) phones in a row have it for you is pretty intense. I have owned many phones and I have never had it once. TBH I don't know anyone who has had this issue.
    04-06-2018 03:23 PM
    I am glad someone believes you. I personally don't believe that the issue isn't being caused by you (if indeed it is dust under the lens). Having 5+ (or more) phones in a row have it for you is pretty intense. I have owned many phones and I have never had it once. TBH I don't know anyone who has had this issue.
    My friend who got his from Verizon been through 3 swaps from Verizon he ended returning it for a refund I can’t since I”m IUP
    04-06-2018 04:02 PM
    My friend who got his from Verizon been through 3 swaps from Verizon he ended returning it for a refund I can’t since I”m IUP
    Yeah as I said the main cause seems to be you around the phone.

Idk .. Sorry just can't believe you are getting that many manufacturer defects. They do happen but not this much. From the posts you have shown I don't see dust in the lens. The spot you think is dust I don't believe is -- I think it is just the lighting. Hence why you see no issues with your photos. You seem to be more on the hunt to convince us here that there is an issue but I just fail to see one from your evidence.
    04-06-2018 04:42 PM
    Yeah as I said the main cause seems to be you around the phone.

Idk .. Sorry just can't believe you are getting that many manufacturer defects. They do happen but not this much. From the posts you have shown I don't see dust in the lens. The spot you think is dust I don't believe is -- I think it is just the lighting. Hence why you see no issues with your photos. You seem to be more on the hunt to convince us here that there is an issue but I just fail to see one from your evidence.
    Apple will fix since it’s there defect not mine
    04-06-2018 04:53 PM

These phones are coming out of the box with dust in the lense. Mine and wife’s did. And this isn’t on the outside.
    alexrat1996 likes this.
    04-06-2018 05:03 PM
    These phones are coming out of the box with dust in the lense. Mine and wife’s did. And this isn’t on the outside. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...003e4706ca.jpg
    Sir idk what the repair depot is doing I think all replacement they have there have dust maybe 20% of them don’t
    04-06-2018 05:22 PM
    Sir idk what the repair depot is doing I think all replacement they have there have dust maybe 20% of them don’t
    I was going to swap it at tmobile within my return period but they wanted to charge me a $50 restocking fee since "technically" my phone works fine and since it's on the edge of the lense it doesn't affect my photos. Could I have apple swap it? Yes. But I decided to just let it be since almost every X I have seen has dust in the lense. Some are just worse than others. So I just let it be.
    04-06-2018 05:29 PM
    I was going to swap it at tmobile within my return period but they wanted to charge me a $50 restocking fee since "technically" my phone works fine and since it's on the edge of the lense it doesn't affect my photos. Could I have apple swap it? Yes. But I decided to just let it be since almost every X I have seen has dust in the lense. Some are just worse than others. So I just let it be.
    Is your mute switch loose ?
    04-06-2018 05:43 PM
    Is your mute switch loose ?
    Mine has a little movement when switch is turned on. None when it’s on mute.
    04-06-2018 05:48 PM
    Mine has a little movement when switch is turned on. None when it’s on mute.
    When I put mine in mute it loose a bit idk if it suppose
    04-06-2018 05:50 PM
    When I put mine in mute it loose a bit idk if it suppose
    Does it put the phone in silent? Because functionally that’s what it’s supposed to do.
    04-06-2018 05:52 PM
    Does it put the phone in silent? Because functionally that’s what it’s supposed to do.
    It makes a very loud vibrate noise.
    04-06-2018 05:54 PM
    It makes a very loud vibrate noise.
    Have you tried with your phone out of its case? I’ve had cases that caused some pretty annoying rattling sounds.
    04-06-2018 05:56 PM
    These phones are coming out of the box with dust in the lense. Mine and wife’s did. And this isn’t on the outside. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...003e4706ca.jpg
    How many times have you swapped it?
    04-06-2018 06:00 PM
280 ... 45678 ...