Looking for an app

algernon

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I'm new to Iphone, coming from Android by way of Blackberry. I do miss the led notification light on the front, but in general am happy with the X. There was an Android app called Sound Profile which allowed you to toggle between notification profiles easily. You can set separate ring and media starting volumes, vibration, even bluetooth off and on among other settings. Silent and vibrate only were easily available without going to airplane mode.

Is there something similar in the App Store? I haven't found anything so far.

Thanks.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I hope you’re enjoying your new iPhone. The problem here is that Apple sandboxes most system-level settings for security purposes so individual apps aren’t able to reconfigure notifications. So, in short, the app you’re looking for doesn’t exist. All of that has to be done in the Settings app.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
You can only customize sound and vibration in the notification settings but no separate app for that as mentioned on the previous post.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

Yep, one thing I really miss from Android is the customization. From that perspective you're kinda limited with iOS.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and being a Blackberry user myself, the customization options in IOS are a lot more limited then they where in Android and Blackberry OS10. I do miss the LED myself.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

You do have the option to toggle on the camera flasher to be used for calls and notifications

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore ,coming from BlackBerry 2 years ago the only thing I miss is the notification led and slightly miss the customization, however you will enjoy the frequent updates and the IOS system .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2