iPhone X being cancelled?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Same sources that nailed the iPhone X details 18 months in advanced. And everything thing else. So time will tell but I think this is legit. Would make sense why w don’t need an X in the line up next fall.

There will be a 5.8" model, just a revamped X with some new stuff.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Not disputing anything, but when was it established that the X is a special limited edition commemorating a 10 year anniversary?

It was portrayed that way on most of the blogs before releasing. It was stated that the device would be an experimental device to show where Apple would go next, which seems to be the case.

The Verge had a pretty good write up detailing that mindset before the device released. Most of the articles had agreed that it wouldnt be like the 6/7/8 series that would continue to be sold the following years. It would be a stepping stone to future devices.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It was portrayed that way on most of the blogs before releasing. It was stated that the device would be an experimental device to show where Apple would go next, which seems to be the case.

The Verge had a pretty good write up detailing that mindset before the device released. Most of the articles had agreed that it wouldnt be like the 6/7/8 series that would continue to be sold the following years. It would be a stepping stone to future devices.

I should have asked when was it established by Apple. My mistake.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

Since when The Verge knows Apple’s plan ?
The point is we don’t know what will happen next September about the iPhone X, and even Kuo was just guessing.
Apple could discontinue it, or they just could keep selling it at a reduced price.
The question is: would you buy a $899 one year old device ? I wouldn’t, so I think Apple will discontinue it.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Since when The Verge knows Apple’s plan ?
The point is we don’t know what will happen next September about the iPhone X, and even Kuo was just guessing.
Apple could discontinue it, or they just could keep selling it at a reduced price.
The question is: would you buy a $899 one year old device ? I wouldn’t, so I think Apple will discontinue it.

Opinion piece Max. Nobody said it was confirmed or a plan. It was speculation by some blogs.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Opinion piece Max. Nobody said it was confirmed or a plan. It was speculation by some blogs.

Speculation. Bad reporting by others. Rumors. Reason why many people still think, outside of tech people, think the X is still getting cancelled. Because now TV news outlets reports it. Or Verizon store managers telling that Jude lady here it’s getting cancelled.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Speculation. Bad reporting by others. Rumors. Reason why many people still think, outside of tech people, think the X is still getting cancelled. Because now TV news outlets reports it. Or Verizon store managers telling that Jude lady here it’s getting cancelled.

Like Ive said from the beginning, nobody will know until apple tells us. Until then its all speculation.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Still not cancelled yet, eh? Lol.

This is what happened with bad reporting. Rumors went out everywhere. Verizon store managers telling customers it was indeed cancelled. Then Apple says on a conference call right after these bad rumors that it had been best selling iPhone every week since it had released. Problem is people are too gullible and believer everything somebody tells them or reads.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's a status symbol. The kind that makes easy to see who has a thousand dollar device on their person.

I’m clearly missing something. What does your opinion have to do with the thread title? If your comment was in reply to another poster, to whom were you replying?

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
It's a status symbol. The kind that makes easy to see who has a thousand dollar device on their person.

Well, yes. But the same can be said about other devices, such as the 128GB Pixel 2 XL (after tax), 256GB iPhone 8 Plus (after tax), Note 8 (after tax), and others.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77