Why do you care so much? Like it or not, Apple are the most prominent manufacturer of smart phones in the world today. There may be some sensationalist articles (both good and bad) about them from time to time, but overall Apple benefit enormously from all the free publicity.
    Agree.
    There’s even a dopey president of an unnamed country who benefits from all the negative publicity. It gets his fan base all worked up.
    We live in a connected world now. It’s all about marketing. I don’t think Apple cares at all.
    06-24-2018 09:07 AM
    Why do you care so much? Like it or not, Apple are the most prominent manufacturer of smart phones in the world today. There may be some sensationalist articles (both good and bad) about them from time to time, but overall Apple benefit enormously from all the free publicity.
    Why do you care so much as to respond to my month's old posts? I cared back in January and February because the Forbes article title stated, "Apple Leak Reveals Sudden iPhone X Cancellation" and the first paragraph they stated, "a new leak reveals Apple will soon cancel the iPhone X." Sure, if you go on they talk about "summer" -- though it will actually likely be "cancelled" in Fall or the very end of summer, as well as the fact that phones that are being replaced aren't referred to as "cancelled."

Basically, with the "click-bait" title and the similar articles and YouTube videos coming out, people were getting the idea that the iPhone X was going away completely -- I posted to explain the truth, it will go away when the iPhone X+1 is released.

But it is ironic to me that someone who came upon an "older" (a few weeks) post of mine is questioning why I care, why do you? I care at this point merely because I'm responding to someone who is quoting an old post of mine.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    06-24-2018 11:29 AM
    But it is ironic to me that someone who came upon an "older" (a few weeks) post of mine is questioning why I care, why do you? I care at this point merely because I'm responding to someone who is quoting an old post of mine.
    Yeah but I was asking why people here care enough about a possibly (but not really) misleading headline about a product you probably have no connection with to write 176 (and counting) posts.

I don't visit these forums very much so there is often a delay between my posts.
    06-24-2018 12:13 PM
    Agree.
    There’s even a dopey president of an unnamed country who benefits from all the negative publicity. It gets his fan base all worked up.
    We live in a connected world now. It’s all about marketing. I don’t think Apple cares at all.
    I agree with you, but I think Apple cares a lot. Even the questionable claims about sales figures, predictions about next year's products and articles about patent applications by people who don't understand patents are good for Apple. They keep Apple at the front of customers' minds even when there's no actual news to report.

You can be sure that Apple encourage all this stuff. They are not stupid.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-24-2018 12:16 PM
179 ... 678