Is anyone planning to replace their iPhone X battery at year’s end?

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
My boss brought this idea up to me...

With the iPhone battery controversy and the $29 battery replacement program named, does anyone plan to replace the battery at the end of the offer?

At that point in films, I’ll have 13 months of use on my phone. Considering I plan to keep it for 36 months, it seems like a good time to renew the battery life as the program runs until the end of the year.

I didn’t realize the X would qualify for the program.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I haven’t had any battery issues on my X and from what I read, the issues was only related to the iPhone 8 and below.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I guess it would make sense if you're gonna keep your phone for a while to save $50 and get a new battery.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I’m gonna replace my X’s battery in September with the new iPhone lol. I can upgrade monthly but I stick to the yearly iPhone upgrades, however, if I were going to keep my X longer I would probably replace the battery.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I mean, Apple is the richest company on the planet and they still haven't figured out the lithium ion battery issue like Samsung has. The batteries in the S8s and Note 8 only degrade 5% after one year of use. Why hasn't Apple developed this technology yet like Samsung has?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I mean, Apple is the richest company on the planet and they still haven't figured out the lithium ion battery issue like Samsung has. The batteries in the S8s and Note 8 only degrade 5% after one year of use. Why hasn't Apple developed this technology yet like Samsung has?

That’s a pretty good question.
Maybe they’re working on the next best thing?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

They probably don’t want to copy anything Samsung does regarding batteries. Just a hunch.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Is it the X eligible for battery fix? If it is I will exchange it, as I'm planning to keep this one more than my regular year.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
No issues with the battery in my X and I don’t think the X is eligible, I think it’s only for iPhone 7 and below.

Last edited:

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have never replaced a phone’s battery. I’ll still use it as my secondary device when I get this year’s iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If I had an X or any other new model, I would probably replace the battery later this this year, whether it needed or not. For $29 I would, but probably not for $80. And only if I planned on using it longer than 2 years. If you upgrade every year or two, I don't see the point in replacing the battery. It's going to last at least 2 years.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt I’ll replace the battery of my iPhone X by year’s end. I haven’t needed a battery replacement with any of my previous iPhone models and I doubt I’ll need one with my iPhone X.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
No issues with the battery in my X and I don’t think the X is eligible, I think it’s only for iPhone 8 and below.

It’s for iPhone model 6 and 7 only. 8 and X are not included. It only affects those phones that are at least more than a year. That’s when lithium battery starts to degrade.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
My boss brought this idea up to me...

With the iPhone battery controversy and the $29 battery replacement program named, does anyone plan to replace the battery at the end of the offer?

At that point in films, I’ll have 13 months of use on my phone. Considering I plan to keep it for 36 months, it seems like a good time to renew the battery life as the program runs until the end of the year.

I didn’t realize the X would qualify for the program.
I don’t think bigger batteries like those installed on iPhone X or 8 Plus will be affected ... btw I’m planning to have a check next November. In the meanwhile Apple must explain reasons behind this fail (the REAL reasons), facing multiple lawsuits