Widgets?

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
What widgets are you guys using?

Iam looking for some cool widgets. Maybe an alarm clock widget and a widget that shows premier league fixtures / results ?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
BeWeather 2, Launcher, Music Launcher, TuneIn Radio Pro, Workflow, Box, MyVerizon, Tiny Calc.
I use the stock clock app for my alarms. A quick app store search show several 3rd party alarm clock apps with widgets. There's many Premier League apps, but I don't know if they have widgets. You could find out more about those in the app store.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
BeWeather 2, Launcher, Music Launcher, TuneIn Radio Pro, Workflow, Box, MyVerizon, Tiny Calc.
I use the stock clock app for my alarms. A quick app store search show several 3rd party alarm clock apps with widgets. There's many Premier League apps, but I don't know if they have widgets. You could find out more about those in the app store.

Yeah iam browsing the app store as we speak ha Thanks mate! Its a shame the app store can no longer be browsed via itunes on your mac :(

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What widgets are you guys using?

Iam looking for some cool widgets. Maybe an alarm clock widget and a widget that shows premier league fixtures / results ?

1. Weather
2. Up Next
3. Calendar
4. Reminders
5. Maps Destinations
6. Maps Nearby
7. Batteries

In that order....

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m lazy and a screenshot says more anyway
4e755fedcdd059d90a3d6561c2ee693d.jpg

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Is there any way to stop the news widget from updating? I assume if i just remove it as a widget that its still gonna update in background?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to stop the news widget from updating? I assume if i just remove it as a widget that its still gonna update in background?

I don't see a settings in the Apple News app. So probably not. Why would you not want it to update? You can always go to the App to find older news.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I don't see a settings in the Apple News app. So probably not. Why would you not want it to update? You can always go to the App to find older news.

What app? I dont have a news app installed. I just have a widget that displays news stories and if i click on one then it opens up safari to bring me to the article. Every time i check the widgets i can see different news stories so i assume its always being updated. I have no interest in it however and would like to stop it updating before i delete the widget!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
What app? I dont have a news app installed. I just have a widget that displays news stories and if i click on one then it opens up safari to bring me to the article. Every time i check the widgets i can see different news stories so i assume its always being updated. I have no interest in it however and would like to stop it updating before i delete the widget!

The News app is only available in a few countries, like the US and a few others.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the widget taking too many resources if I were you. It’s very negligible. There is nothing you can do about the widget except for disabling it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

That's interesting. I didn't realize that the widget was included in countries that didn't have Apple's News app.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
That's interesting. I didn't realize that the widget was included in countries that didn't have Apple's News app.

Yeah its in widgets but i have no actual news app. If i go into storage however then iam given options to delete certain "apps" in order to free up space and the news app is listed there! Its just not visible on the home screen which is kinda odd!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I only use a few and I rarely check them,

1. Batteries
2. Fantastical
3. My bank
4. Grocery store fuel saver account
5. Carrot Weather
6. Dark Sky

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah its in widgets but i have no actual news app. If i go into storage however then iam given options to delete certain "apps" in order to free up space and the news app is listed there! Its just not visible on the home screen which is kinda odd!

It's probably not connected to the News App. May be like all iPhones were before they added the News app. More a Siri suggestion. Not sure though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77