Iphone x A1901 V A1865

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
That in and of itself is not a negative. How many people you know travel the world? Heck a majority of people never even leave their state. I’d argue that people who are using a CDMA carrier only cares about price and reliability. Problematic? To whom? How many people outside of tech forums even know about or even care about having an Intel or Qualcomm modem? I argue that less it’s less than 1%.

That’s crazy! You’re making that recommendation without giving any thought to people’s wireless needs and circumstances. On top of that, you’re assuming that everyone with an Intel modem is unhappy and having problems with it and that’s far from being true. It’s okay to educate people on the differences, but once you inject your personal preference and then state that it should be the preferred choice, you’ve gone from educating to dictating.
Fact is that A1865 supports all of the frequency bands of the A1901 and on top of that adds compatibility with additional networks/frequencies not offered on the A1901. It is therefore factually a more capable, versatile device, therefore a better buy in all cases, no exception. If you can purchase a device outright, go for the A1865, not A1901.

In addition to that, because the A1865 uses the Qualcomm modem that is tried and true, compared to Intel that is still experiencing growing pains it is likely to perform better in low signal areas, in addition to offering more throughput on average. (I work for a telecommunications equipment manufacturer and we have also started to shift to Intel for cost reasons, however performance of Intel modems compared to Qualcomm has been sub-par, especially in low signal areas. I have also personally tested other Qualcomm devices including past iPhones - albeit not the A1865 - against the iPhone X and there is a noticeable difference.)

The A1865 is a safer, more capable choice, in every sense.

Given the choice, A1865 offers the most versatility.
Definitely. If you’re buying outright it offers the best choice.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Fact is that A1865 supports all of the frequency bands of the A1901 and on top of that adds compatibility with additional networks/frequencies not offered on the A1901. It is therefore factually a more capable, versatile device, therefore a better buy in all cases, no exception. If you can purchase a device outright, go for the A1865, not A1901.

In addition to that, because the A1865 uses the Qualcomm modem that is tried and true, compared to Intel that is still experiencing growing pains it is likely to perform better in low signal areas, in addition to offering more throughput on average. (I work for a telecommunications equipment manufacturer and we have also started to shift to Intel for cost reasons, however performance of Intel modems compared to Qualcomm has been sub-par, especially in low signal areas. I have also personally tested other Qualcomm devices including past iPhones - albeit not the A1865 - against the iPhone X and there is a noticeable difference.)

The A1865 is a safer, more capable choice, in every sense.

Definitely. If you’re buying outright it offers the best choice.

Are you happier with your A1865 than I am with my A1901? What are things the typical user does every day on an A1865 that cannot be done on an A1901? Don’t get me wrong, I get what you’re saying and I’m not in disagreement, however, I think you’re putting way too much emphasis on technical specs and not taking into consideration the every day smartphone needs that are being fulfilled by the A1901. That’s all.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I ended up with the SIM Free version when it came out and want SIM Free again this year but it could be 2 monhs before we get one. I would opt to get the Verizon model so long as it runs the same way as the current X does, the issue is I don't have any Verizon phones that I can use a SIM From to activate. I could opt to go Pre-Paid activate then cancel the service, $40 wasted but at least I don't have to deal with waiting oir running the risk of AT&T locking it down which they should NOT be allowed to do when my phones are always full money paid up front.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a intel one and it’s total rubbish. That slow
Never seen a slow connection like this, Apple says there is nothing wrong with the phone but the phone is super slow

I have the Intel cell radio on my iPhone 8 and it works just fine. Intel bought Infineon who made the cell radio for the original iPhone through iPhone 4 (GSM).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2