Improved iPhone X ?

Anton Ok

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Is there iPhone X S(or something) gonna be released next year and I should wait for that instead of getting iPhone X now?

Thanks

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
At this point, it’s much too early to tell what next years device will be. But, I don’t think this will be the last time we see this full touchscreen OLED form factor from !

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
There is a new iPhone released every fall from Apple. What will be released or how many variations will be released, like the above poster said, is too early to tell but why would you think there wouldn't be an update next year? If you are happy with your device, then wait, but every year a newer device with better tech will be released so you will always be waiting if you want the best next tech.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There is a new iPhone released every fall from Apple. What will be released or how many variations will be released, like the above poster said, is too early to tell but why would you think there wouldn't be an update next year? If you are happy with your device, then wait, but every year a newer device with better tech will be released so you will always be waiting if you want the best next tech.

‘Nuf said....

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Ming Chi Kuo seems to think we'll get this next fall.

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 9.07.27 AM.jpg

Now his track record is spotty, but as far as analysts go he gets more right than wrong.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 120379

Now his track record is spotty, but as far as analysts go he gets more right than wrong.

It's plausible as was said that the 8/8 Plus will be the last iPhones to get TouchID. The current X sets the standard for the next generation of iPhones so it's not surprising if this were true.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Buy what you want now or keep what you have. I bought the 8 plus instead of the X because of screen size. If rumors are true than I’ll get another iPhone next year hopefully a little bigger than the X. But not too big. I’m not going into iPad mini territory.

iMark

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys,

Is there iPhone X S(or something) gonna be released next year and I should wait for that instead of getting iPhone X now?

Thanks

There will always be a new phone next year, no matter when you buy. So you could either wait for next year's model forever, or buy one now, use it, and enjoy it.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
There is always something new and better down the road and I for one have always bought what’s the best available at the time.

Those who procrastinate are usually the ones wishing they would have bought it anyways.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't even been able to enjoy my new X a full month and people are already asking if they should wait until next year? Lol. Why would you buy the next iPhone X next year when the following year Apple would release another phone? Might as well wait two years. But then...Apple would be releasing another phone the NEXT year so maybe you should wait that one out too.

You see the problem with this logic? My recommendation...live in the now. If you enjoy what Apple currently offers then go for it. You won't be disappointed. But if you're fine with what you have now, then continue using it. The choice is up to you.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

I find releasing a TFT LCD baffling since all their other LCD's have been IPS for better viewing angles etc. Unless it's supposed to be some budget offering that will actually be cheaper than the other two even though its an in between screen size I just don't see it happening.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I find releasing a TFT LCD baffling since all their other LCD's have been IPS for better viewing angles etc. Unless it's supposed to be some budget offering that will actually be cheaper than the other two even though its an in between screen size I just don't see it happening.

Yeah, the article said that it would be the lower priced option. The 5.8 option would be in the middle price wise, and the 6.5 would be the most expensive. Seemed odd to me too. I think it's too early to get any reliable info.

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 120379

I’m hoping the Plus version won’t be like past models where it had more features especially the camera. I love the size of the X for my small hands. I did go Plus on the 6S and the 7, only for the camera boost, but always hated the size. Knowing Apple they will offer something different in the Plus model as an incentive for people to go that route and spend more. We shall see!

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Thanks

There will *always* be something better next year. If you always wait for the next one, you’ll be using orange juice cans and string for a very long time ??????

Read this elsewhere: when you need a new phone, buy the phone that meets your needs at the price you want to pay. When you need a new one again, repeat. There will always be newer, better around the bend. At this point in mobile tech, they’re all pretty darn good!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I’m hoping the Plus version won’t be like past models where it had more features especially the camera. I love the size of the X for my small hands. I did go Plus on the 6S and the 7, only for the camera boost, but always hated the size. Knowing Apple they will offer something different in the Plus model as an incentive for people to go that route and spend more. We shall see!

I'm with you on that one. A 6.5 inch screen would be nice, but I used my S8+ yesterday for a bit, and I'm not sure I want to go back to a phone that tall. I was browsing on Instagram to compare the displays of the X and S8+, and I can say it was nice seeing larger pics.

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you on that one. A 6.5 inch screen would be nice, but I used my S8+ yesterday for a bit, and I'm not sure I want to go back to a phone that tall. I was browsing on Instagram to compare the displays of the X and S8+, and I can say it was nice seeing larger pics.

I’m really hoping Apple at least makes the specs of the OLED models the same no matter the size (if the guy’s prediction is correct). Then if they need to, just offer less specs on the LCD model. Just offer OLED in different sizes with same specs please! 🤞🏼

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2