Wonder if some 3" wide painters tape would be a good full screen dust remover like they use in the Apple store Belkin install?
    It would work as long it doesn’t leave residue on your screen. If I could be buy those sheets of dust removing tape that Apple uses from belkin, I would.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    03-05-2018 01:42 PM
    Some installation kits that come with the screen protectors have sticky paper to be used for that purpose. I like Leo's suggestion, just let Apple do it!
    03-05-2018 02:51 PM
    Some installation kits that come with the screen protectors have sticky paper to be used for that purpose. I like Leo's suggestion, just let Apple do it!
    They do but most times it’s just a small piece. So you have to dab at the screen and as you remove some lint, others fall. The one apple uses is like a shield that covers the entire screen. So as soon as they remove the shield, they can just drop the phone into the machine. There is literally only a half of a second for lint to get on the screen which is highly unlikely.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-05-2018 03:03 PM
    The icarez protector is my favorite so far and has held up really well. The oleophobic coating is great. I don't even realize I have a protector on since it's edge to edge which I love. I hated seeing the notch area of the protector.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-05-2018 03:08 PM
    It would work as long it doesn’t leave residue on your screen. If I could be buy those sheets of dust removing tape that Apple uses from belkin, I would.
    You know those lint rollers you use on your clothes? I used a sheet from those to remove lint and dust before I apply the screen protectors. I usually get little stickers with the protectors, but I use one sheet from the lint roller since it covers the whole screen and is handy to do at once. I just apply, run and remove only when I'm ready to apply the screen protector. Just a friendly tip, hope it's useful
    pkcable and felloffthetruck like this.
    03-05-2018 11:02 PM
    You know those lint rollers you use on your clothes? I used a sheet from those to remove lint and dust before I apply the screen protectors. I usually get little stickers with the protectors, but I use one sheet from the lint roller since it covers the whole screen and is handy to do at once. I just apply, run and remove only when I'm ready to apply the screen protector. Just a friendly tip, hope it's useful
    Actually that is not a bad idea.
    03-05-2018 11:06 PM
    Actually that is not a bad idea.
    Make sure you rub over the whole screen generously so the sheet can pick up all dust and lint particles.
    03-05-2018 11:26 PM
    Make sure you rub over the whole screen generously so the sheet can pick up all dust and lint particles.
    I’ll be honest. Now that I now how perfectly aligned Apple does their screen protectors with the machine, I’ll likely just go that route. I just love the perfection they do. It’s so straight and I’ve never used a tempered glass that does so well against repelling fingerprints and smudges.
    Eclipse2K and pkcable like this.
    03-05-2018 11:28 PM
    That DOES look very well placed!
    03-06-2018 10:21 AM
    That DOES look very well placed!
    And since they use the machine to install, every one they do will look that good. It’s fool proof.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-06-2018 10:36 AM
    That is good alignment, and certainly easy to have them do it (if you have a local store), but its really not that hard to do yourself for a fraction of the cost (I paid less than 10% of the Apple/Belkin cost for two phones, I have 3 extras in case I mess up the install, or it ever breaks, and a lifetime warranty.)

I'm not saying the Apple store option isn't a good one, but with a little patience, you can have similar results for a lot less money. The real deciding factor for me is I don't have time to make the 3 hour round trip drive to the Apple store.
    03-06-2018 11:55 AM
    That is good alignment, and certainly easy to have them do it (if you have a local store), but its really not that hard to do yourself for a fraction of the cost (I paid less than 10% of the Apple/Belkin cost for two phones, I have 3 extras in case I mess up the install, or it ever breaks, and a lifetime warranty.)

I'm not saying the Apple store option isn't a good one, but with a little patience, you can have similar results for a lot less money. The real deciding factor for me is I don't have time to make the 3 hour round trip drive to the Apple store.
    This is what I’ve found from using the cheaper ones the fraction of the cost. The oleophobic coating doesn’t last long. I’ve learned you get what you pay for. Tired of trying the cheap ones.
    03-06-2018 12:10 PM
    This is what I’ve found from using the cheaper ones the fraction of the cost. The oleophobic coating doesn’t last long. I’ve learned you get what you pay for. Tired of trying the cheap ones.
    Maybe I switch devices too quickly and never see that happen. Will see how it goes on the X, I plan to keep this one much longer. Generally I agree with "get what you pay for", but I don't think any protector is worth 10x what I paid for the ones I have. Though in the grand scheme of a $1250 phone, what's $40, so I can see your point as well.

It's good to have options, and it seems a lot (but definitely not all) of them have been covered in this thread.
    03-06-2018 12:15 PM
    The Bodyguardz Pure 2 Edge fits perfect with the Apple Leather cases.

Best glass screen protector?-body01-1-.jpgBest glass screen protector?-body01-3-.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	body01 (1).jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	800.9 KB 
ID:	122509Best glass screen protector?-body01-2-.jpg
    songbird likes this.
    03-06-2018 10:41 PM
    Wow really doesn't look like there is a protector at all.
    03-07-2018 12:50 PM
    Wow really doesn't look like there is a protector at all.
    Yea, it's a fantastic protector. Have over 20 different cases and it has worked just fine with all of them.

Starting to love the Apple leather cases more & more each day.
    03-07-2018 07:31 PM
    I’ve found that the cheaper ones tend to lose their oleophobic coating rather quickly and they’re not as rigid. I’ve had several cheaper protectors chip on the edge without any impact within a month. I’ve never had this issue with Belkin, MIME, Verizon branded or Zach Glass. That’s why I generally go for the higher end glass and it servers me well.
    03-08-2018 12:39 AM
    I’ve found that the cheaper ones tend to lose their oleophobic coating rather quickly and they’re not as rigid. I’ve had several cheaper protectors chip on the edge without any impact within a month. I’ve never had this issue with Belkin, MIME, Verizon branded or Zach Glass. That’s why I generally go for the higher end glass and it servers me well.
    I agree. I've noticed that same thing. You really get what you pay for.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    03-08-2018 12:40 AM
    I agree. I've noticed that same thing. You really get what you pay for.
    I just love how my new iPhone X replacement seems to have forgotten I had Zagg saved into autocorrect yet it changed to Zach Glass.
    03-08-2018 01:02 AM
    I just love how my new iPhone X replacement seems to have forgotten I had Zagg saved into autocorrect yet it changed to Zach Glass.
    I think Zaggs are trash too. The coating always wears off fast too. I have one on my 10.5 iPad and the coating is pretty much all gone.
    03-08-2018 12:50 PM
    I think Zaggs are trash too. The coating always wears off fast too. I have one on my 10.5 iPad and the coating is pretty much all gone.
    They used to be good but last time I used one was with a Galaxy S5
    03-08-2018 02:17 PM
    Update on my Belkin from Apple. After 3 weeks, it still looks and feels brand new. By this point with a Spigen, it wouldn’t feel so smooth anymore as the coating would start wearing off and it get greasy super easy. This Belkin is worth every dollar. It’s the best tempered glass I’ve ever used by far. Way better than Zagg too.
    03-14-2018 12:29 AM
    Update on my Belkin from Apple. After 3 weeks, it still looks and feels brand new. By this point with a Spigen, it wouldn’t feel so smooth anymore as the coating would start wearing off and it get greasy super easy. This Belkin is worth every dollar. It’s the best tempered glass I’ve ever used by far. Way better than Zagg too.
    Quiet you! I’m still waiting for Belkin to ship me a replacement...
    03-14-2018 01:08 AM
    Does the new version of the Belkin sp that can be installed at Apple Stores have any warranty if it cracks?
    03-14-2018 04:52 AM
    Is it edge to edge or does it only go up to where the screen curves & does it also have a notch cutout?
    03-14-2018 07:04 AM
190 ... 5678