Best glass screen protector?

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Guys, guys, seriously. The dome glass is by far the best screen protector you can get. Everything else is fine but it’s simply not as good.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Guys, guys, seriously. The dome glass is by far the best screen protector you can get. Everything else is fine but it’s simply not as good.

Even so, the cost plus installation process isn’t one I’m interested in. I can get a 100% perfect install with no dust at all under the glass with Belkin Glass installed at the Apple Store. The glass feels amazing, resists fingerprints extremely well and is very close to being edge to edge when using a Speck Presido Grip. If the dome protectors ever figure out a simpler way with no liquid involved I’ll give it a try.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Even so, the cost plus installation process isn’t one I’m interested in. I can get a 100% perfect install with no dust at all under the glass with Belkin Glass installed at the Apple Store. The glass feels amazing, resists fingerprints extremely well and is very close to being edge to edge when using a Speck Presido Grip. If the dome protectors ever figure out a simpler way with no liquid involved I’ll give it a try.

The belkin is $40 bucks at the apple store so I don't think price is a major difference. As far as the installation and it using liquid, there is not way to get the full edge to edge adhesion without using liquid. The edges always raise up. I installed mine in about 10 minutes and while it was a bit nerve wracking, it went fine and the final result was perfect.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
The belkin is $40 bucks at the apple store so I don't think price is a major difference. As far as the installation and it using liquid, there is not way to get the full edge to edge adhesion without using liquid. The edges always raise up. I installed mine in about 10 minutes and while it was a bit nerve wracking, it went fine and the final result was perfect.

I get that but I’m not into liquid installs. I’ve seen videos and like what I’ve seen but I’m also not against a standard tempered glass protector. Especially now that they’re installed in seconds perfectly each time.

Pcrispy

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Originally I used a full 3D one that had a small gap above the speaker that allowed dust to get it, and it became a pain after a while. Found the iCarez and it is completely full coverage edge to edge with only the speaker hole. No dust whatsoever, hasn't scratched with several drops and bangs, and the image quality has been great. For the price, it's absurdly good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077NVK2R4?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3055460

The icarez protector is my favorite so far and has held up really well. The oleophobic coating is great. I don't even realize I have a protector on since it's edge to edge which I love. I hated seeing the notch area of the protector.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This isn’t the best protecter but it’s pretty stylish and hides the notch a little. Great for Gestures as its full coverage
4db8d4af5abaabc5a596690e73ae22ba.jpg

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I personally use the expensive bodyguardz pure 2 edge. It’s awesome. Initial cost is expensive but lifetime replacements for a small shipping fee. I usually replace every other month or when I get a crack.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Spigen is by far the best, and I’ve tried ‘em all...and they still come unstuck, just not as badly.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Spigen is by far the best, and I’ve tried ‘em all...and they still come unstuck, just not as badly.

Unstuck?

I’m assuming you mean they begin to lift. I had that issue on my first Belkin after several months but I’m hoping the redesigned replacement fixed that issue. I had Belkin Glass on an iPhone 7 for a year and it never lifted so I’d like to believe it was just a fluke with my X but we shall see.

William Hetrick

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I use the Blackweb that I bought at Walmart for. 9.99 and it has the properties as the Zagg and is very easy to Install. Never had a problem with it turning loose.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner