Do you run your phone in DarkMode?

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Being OLED this should help on battery life. I think it's a triple click on the power button by default. I tried it and it doesn't look bad.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Being OLED this should help on battery life. I think it's a triple click on the power button by default. I tried it and it doesn't look bad.
If you're referring to Smart Invert in accessibility I tried it, but certain things don't look quite right like a true dark mode should so I turned it off.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If you're referring to Smart Invert in accessibility I tried it, but certain things don't look quite right like a true dark mode should so I turned it off.

Exactly. Please lets not get "Dark Mode" confused with "Smart Invert".

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. Please lets not get "Dark Mode" confused with "Smart Invert".
Smart Invert is the best option if you are looking to get a working dark mode as that converts the necessary things to dark mode and leaves the rest for example videos or photos as non-negative display (couldn't find a better way to put it). And app developers can also use this and ensure their apps works better with Smart Invert but not many apps really use this setting. Some apple apps do though.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Smart Invert is the best option if you are looking to get a working dark mode as that converts the necessary things to dark mode and leaves the rest for example videos or photos as non-negative display (couldn't find a better way to put it). And app developers can also use this and ensure their apps works better with Smart Invert but not many apps really use this setting. Some apple apps do though.

Humm, yes I'm well aware of this. However it's still not a true "Dark theme/mode"

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Is there a true dark theme/mode in iOS? I don't think so and thus I referred to Smart Invert as that's the closest to dark mode you can get it working. No?

No there isn't. There seems to be some technical hurdle to getting it to work well. Both Android and iOS users have begged for dark mode for years. Neither OS has implemented one though. The only reason I can think of is that either it's difficult to get one to work system wide, or maybe it takes so much additional code to implement it would make the OS too large.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
No there isn't. There seems to be some technical hurdle to getting it to work well. Both Android and iOS users have begged for dark mode for years. Neither OS has implemented one though. The only reason I can think of is that either it's difficult to get one to work system wide, or maybe it takes so much additional code to implement it would make the OS too large.

Not to forget app developers needing to update their code for the dark mode. I don’t there is ROI for app developers to support dark mode.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Not to forget app developers needing to update their code for the dark mode. I don’t there is ROI for app developers to support dark mode.

Yeah, I have 0 coding experience at an OS level. I can build fairly basic web pages in CSS and do a little if/then, if/then/else type code. But it's pretty rudimentary what I can do. No idea about the difficulty. It's just an assumption on my part.

I do have some apps that support night mode, so it's currently possible for developers to implement a dark mode. I'm not sure why Google or Apple haven't developed it more.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Is there a true dark theme/mode in iOS? I don't think so and thus I referred to Smart Invert as that's the closest to dark mode you can get it working. No?

Yes. Once again I'm well aware of this. I was agreeing with you and not looking for an argument. Have a nice day.

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Okay I didn't know it had a different name. It works for me when viewing web pages or content with a primarily white back ground.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2