My dad is going from an iPhone 6 to the new iPhone X. I'm debating on how I should set up the new phone. I know the differences between doing a clean install and restoring from a backup (iTunes/iCloud), but I'm curious as to whether it matters if he has an older phone that may have some hiccups. I would like to do a clean install and start from scratch, but he's the type that would hate to open & set up each and every app. Which means I'll most likely have to do it. I wouldn't mind, but if restoring from iTunes/iCloud and wouldn't really have issues with the older phone then I'll go that route. Help please? Thanks!
    Last edited by songbird; 11-03-2017 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Edited to add: if this thread needs to be moved to the iP6 thread then mods please do so. Thanks!
    11-03-2017 10:13 PM
    I like to do a restore from a full iTunes backup because it basically creates a carbon copy of your old phone on your new phone. It copies all pics, video, iMessages, apps, folder placement, etc. I think it's really great.

However I do understand that some people like to start fresh, but I have too many memories on my phone and I don't want to lose any of them.
    11-03-2017 10:35 PM