Unable to install an OS X on my macbook pro

Stanton Petersen

Oct 24, 2021
Visit site
I have a MacBook pro 2007 that ran on OS X Lion. I did an update and it crashed and I then got a Kernel panic (OS not set and CPU mismatch). I've tried all the commands and tried to install from a DVD and external drives by holding in the Option key. All I get by selecting a drive is a circle with a line through it. If I use the command + R key, I get the circle symbol too. At no stage do I get an option for selecting a wifi or a disk utility. I'm on the verge of giving up as this is very frustrating.
Please help.

Last edited:

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a MacBook pro 2007 that ran on OS X Lion. I did an update and it crashed and I then got a Kernel panic (OS not set and CPU mismatch). I've tried all the commands and tried to install from a DVD and external drives by holding in the Option key. All I get by selecting a drive is a circle with a line through it. If I use the command + R key, I get the circle symbol too. At no stage do I get an option for selecting a wifi or a disk utility. I'm on the verge of giving up as this is very frustrating.
Please help.
If Command+R does not work, have a try at Option+Command+R :)

Also, it seems that the 2007 MacBook Pros can run up to OS X 10.11.6, which is OS X El Capitan. So you could try starting on Mountain Lion or anything more recent.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711