Is it Weird that I don’t want to use my Apple Watch until I get the X?

Merecat

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
Ordered the Apple Watch series 3 the same day I put my preorder in for the X. I went with the stainless steel with the black sport band.

The watch just came in today , I opened the box to see if there were any hardware defects, but other than that , I haven’t paired it with my 7 Plus yet lol. I want to wait for my X to come in so I can just set everything up at the same time .

This sucks haha. This is my first iPhone preorder and I’m just dying for it to come in already. I preordered the note 7 last year, and I wasn’t nearly as excited as I am for the X for some reason.

Just a few more days everyone! :D

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Not weird at all lol
I refused to order the Series 3 model until I could preorder the X so I could have new toys at the same time haha

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Nah not weird! It's like you're waiting for Santa to deliver your last gift so you can put it all together at one time.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
You need to factory reset the Watch anytime you switch to a new device, so it’ll be like new either way. I wouldn’t be able to wait.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I think it's kinda smart honestly. I paired my Series 3 when I first got it to my 8. I ended up having to do a reset and set up as new because I used a backup from my Series 1 watch. When my X gets here Friday I'm gonna have to restore and set up as new again.

Word to the wise, if you've used Apple Watch in the past I wouldn't use a backup when setting up your Series 3. It'll save you a headache.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I think it's kinda smart honestly. I paired my Series 3 when I first got it to my 8. I ended up having to do a reset and set up as new because I used a backup from my Series 1 watch. When my X gets here Friday I'm gonna have to restore and set up as new again.

Word to the wise, if you've used Apple Watch in the past I wouldn't use a backup when setting up your Series 3. It'll save you a headache.

Wow, I didn’t have any problems at all. I paired my new series 3 to my 7+ using my original watch backup and everything was fine. I will do the same with my new iPhone X.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Wow, I didn’t have any problems at all. I paired my new series 3 to my 7+ using my original watch backup and everything was fine. I will do the same with my new iPhone X.

My battery life was atrocious in the beginning before I restored and setup as new. Now it's great though. I can easily go 2 days between charges on my Series 3!!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd have paired my Watch already. Not out of impatience. More because I don't see the advantage of waiting lol. That's just me though. Wouldn't say your method is weird. Just different than I.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2