Miss the preorder ?

Danny Olivo

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
So I F'ed up and missed the preorder. It's already up to a 5-6 week wait as of 9am est. So now I'm thinking of just going to wait in line and hope I get one on launch day. The 2 times I've went to go pick up my preorder in the past I've seen people get a phone without preorder, hopefully I'll get lucky. Is this the only option other than waiting a month and half ? Anyone else in the predicament ?

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't say I missed the preorder. I want to purchase my iPhone X outright and unlocked. Unlocked wasn't available for preorder.

Best Buy sells their iPhones unlocked so I'm going to try them next Friday. I'm not sure how many people will be waiting outside at the store, though.

Danny Olivo

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked wasn't offered ? If thats the case I don't feel so bad because I wanted an unlocked phone as well. In the past the Tmobile version was offered unlocked. Was that not the case this time around ?

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say I missed the preorder. I want to purchase my iPhone X outright and unlocked. Unlocked wasn't available for preorder.

Best Buy sells their iPhones unlocked so I'm going to try them next Friday. I'm not sure how many people will be waiting outside at the store, though.

I noticed that there was no option for unlocked and thought that was weird.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
So I F'ed up and missed the preorder. It's already up to a 5-6 week wait as of 9am est. So now I'm thinking of just going to wait in line and hope I get one on launch day. The 2 times I've went to go pick up my preorder in the past I've seen people get a phone without preorder, hopefully I'll get lucky. Is this the only option other than waiting a month and half ? Anyone else in the predicament ?

I would also say if your unable to queue up you may have luck when they allow for same day pick up orders. 2 years ago I waited in line and did not get a rose gold iPhone 6s Plus. The next morning  released the store inventory/instore pick up option online and I was able to get the exact model I wanted for pick up that morning. I think they open it up at 8 am and I picked a pickup window of 930am.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

If it’s that important to you to have it as soon as possible, stand in line if you have time to kill. Otherwise, if it was me, I’d just put in my order and wait it out. Could be 5-6 weeks or could arrive sooner than that. I just wouldn’t stand in line.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that there was no option for unlocked and thought that was weird.

If you buy the phone outright, it comes unlocked along with a SIM card for your carrier.

b894aab0209f263b0a37c62618755096.jpg

sq018

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site

Yeah, me too. My order was 5-6w too. I am trying to get it on launch day. Idk how though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2