Gestures for navigation! Sign me up (Unless it's as expensive as it is rumored to be...)
    ksassy likes this.
    09-12-2017 01:40 PM
    Love BlackBerry 10...I think my muscle memory will kick in quick
    dejanh likes this.
    09-12-2017 01:42 PM
    Battery life is making me worried...they didn't compare it to the Plus...they compared it to the regular
    09-12-2017 01:46 PM
    Battery life is making me worried...they didn't compare it to the Plus...they compared it to the regular
    Yeah I noticed that too
    09-12-2017 01:49 PM
    Not available until November 3rd? WTH?
    09-12-2017 01:55 PM
    I'm not surprised by the staggered shipping times between the 8/8 Plus and X.
    09-12-2017 01:58 PM
    Me neither because they don't want to undercut their own product. They want to get the sales numbers for the 8/8 Plus, though to be honest I also think that the X is just not ready. It smells of yield issues in addition to intentionally staggering the release.

Also, as was mentioned in a couple of other threads, the Face ID unlock seems touchy. I am sure the hardware is sound, but the software seems to need some more polish before prime-time. Perhaps that is another reason for a bit of a delay. The on-stage demo was not exactly smooth.
    ksassy likes this.
    09-12-2017 01:59 PM
    Me neither because they don't want to undercut their own product. They want to get the sales numbers for the 8/8 Plus, though to be honest I also think that the X is just not ready. It smells of yield issues in addition to intentionally staggering the release.
    I understand...I’m just a NOW type of person🤷🏾*♀️ I haven’t learned patience yet
    dejanh and ksassy like this.
    09-12-2017 02:02 PM
    Next year they could go all in on the "blackberryness" and release a new passport on bb10 os with the iOS runtime installed.
    Put me down for 2 of them!!
    ksassy and dejanh like this.
    09-12-2017 02:22 PM
    I understand...I’m just a NOW type of person🤷🏾*♀️ I haven’t learned patience yet
    09-12-2017 02:44 PM
    Not I! But I'll be following you crazies because I adore you!
    09-12-2017 02:53 PM
    I'm working on it

Not I! But I'll be following you crazies because I adore you!
    🤣🤣
    09-12-2017 03:10 PM

Also, as was mentioned in a couple of other threads, the Face ID unlock seems touchy. I am sure the hardware is sound, but the software seems to need some more polish before prime-time. Perhaps that is another reason for a bit of a delay. The on-stage demo was not exactly smooth.
    I feel that will hurt the sales of the 8/plus with people waiting since the 8 is just once again a minor refresh with the same body style they have been using for years.
    09-12-2017 03:24 PM
    I feel that will hurt the sales of the 8/plus with people waiting since the 8 is just once again a minor refresh with the same body style they have been using for years.
    Nobody said the strategy cannot backfire. I think that the price point will put off a lot of people and cause them to settle for the 8 anyway.
    09-12-2017 04:47 PM
    Blackberry? I think you meant Palm Pre. The original gesture based phone.
    baseballbert, dejanh and qbnkelt like this.
    09-12-2017 10:32 PM
    Yes BlackBerry 10 is webOS reincarnated.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    09-12-2017 10:41 PM
    I will be preordering the iPhone X!
    09-13-2017 12:29 AM
    People forget that all the time. BB10 was copied from WebOS.

But honestly, who cares. Both OSs are dead and gone. BB10 lasted what....three years in development before BlackBerry sank? Something tells me that if Apple decides to go all in with gestures, it will last longer than three years.
    ksassy likes this.
    09-13-2017 06:23 AM
    People forget that all the time. BB10 was copied from WebOS.

But honestly, who cares. Both OSs are dead and gone. BB10 lasted what....three years in development before BlackBerry sank? Something tells me that if Apple decides to go all in with gestures, it will last longer than three years.
    Point isn’t about any of those OSs. Point is that Apple’s apparent revolutionary advances are anything but. I do also welcome a major platform adopting gestures as the native navigation system. I am very happy about it and hope it will spill over into native Android as well. I’m sick of pointless buttons, even if they’re software. On my S8+ I use as many gestures as possible and hide the navigation buttons to maximize screen real estate.
    09-13-2017 09:19 AM
    I'm pre ordering as soon as it goes up on the 27th of Oct.
    09-13-2017 09:37 AM
    Point isn’t about any of those OSs. Point is that Apple’s apparent revolutionary advances are anything but. I do also welcome a major platform adopting gestures as the native navigation system. I am very happy about it and hope it will spill over into native Android as well. I’m sick of pointless buttons, even if they’re software. On my S8+ I use as many gestures as possible and hide the navigation buttons to maximize screen real estate.
    And to each his/her preference.

I have zero issue with the home button. I never saw the objection to it during BB10's (in)glorious entry/exit into the smartphone OS wars and I don't see the objection to it now. Never lost sleep over it. Was never frustrated by it. And I'm perfectly happy with it now.

The fact that I'm more drawn to the 8 Plus, with the home button, than to the X without the home button, shows me that it's never been nor is now a consideration for me.

And yeah....when the title of a thread references an OS, then there is a point being made about it. Otherwise it wouldn't be mentioned.
    09-13-2017 10:42 AM