When did it become mandatory to upgrade to the newest iPhone? Does it really matter?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: Does it really matter?

Kind of hard to ignore your wife who’s had the 6 plus for three years and going. Always hearing “Nothings wrong with your phone but you keep changing it”.

You live with them, so that's different. For these people that like to talk, not so much.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Nothing mandatory to upgrade any device. Every person has their own money. It's their choice to use it. It's not mandatory to go shopping for food. but people do it, so they can eat.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm staying with the 7+ and skipping the 8 and X for now. I'd really like my next iPhone to work with the 600 MHz band on Tmobile.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Keeping the SE is not for everyone, but if it is for you... KEEP IT and screw the haters. I love my SE but rotate it with my 8+, but love throwing the SE in my pocket and hardly knowing that it is there. I find that with the smaller screen that I don't reach for the phone as often as I do the bigger 8+ and I am trying to get away from having my face stuffed into my phone all day, so it helps me with that.

There is a million reasons for people choosing the right phone for them and if the SE checks off all the boxes for you, then enjoy the phone and enjoy the extra money in your pocket

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Nothing mandatory to upgrade any device. Every person has their own money. It's their choice to use it. It's not mandatory to go shopping for food. but people do it, so they can eat.

Lol. I think it’s a lot more mandatory to buy food than a new phone but that’s just me, I like to eat!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Keeping the SE is not for everyone, but if it is for you... KEEP IT and screw the haters. I love my SE but rotate it with my 8+, but love throwing the SE in my pocket and hardly knowing that it is there. I find that with the smaller screen that I don't reach for the phone as often as I do the bigger 8+ and I am trying to get away from having my face stuffed into my phone all day, so it helps me with that.

There is a million reasons for people choosing the right phone for them and if the SE checks off all the boxes for you, then enjoy the phone and enjoy the extra money in your pocket

Really good point. I have found the same thing.
For instance, if I have a larger phone with me I might be checking these forums during work but with the SE I don’t because it’s only there for necessary things. People spend too much time on Facebook etc. during working hours. Having a tablet with us all the time is too much of a temptation.

These are merely my thoughts and not meant to imply everyone should follow them. It works for me.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Does it really matter?

Kind of hard to ignore your wife who’s had the 6 plus for three years and going. Always hearing “Nothings wrong with your phone but you keep changing it”.

The key is to get your wife the newer phone first, even though she doesn't need or request it. Then you can use it yourself occasionally and decide whether or not you need to get the new one yourself. If not then you buy yourself another year where you can say "What do you mean I am always getting new phones. I am still using this old phone." even though you know the truth.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
If you’re current phone serves its purpose, why upgrade? I don’t believe in chasing technology.

I agree. A guy at work just tried to sell me his x and he told me that my 6S was ancient. No thank you. It still works like new. Once sites have a hard time loading or apps won't be made for it, then I may upgrade. But she's been good to me.

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
I agree. A guy at work just tried to sell me his x and he told me that my 6S was ancient. No thank you. It still works like new. Once sites have a hard time loading or apps won't be made for it, then I may upgrade. But she's been good to me.

Your 6s and my SE will be supported for quite the foreseeable future.

SVP

tica02

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I’ve had every iPhone since the 4. I’ve done all the technology chasing all the way up to the xs max. I traded that for an xs. That’s sitting in my drawer and I’m using a new se I came across. I love it.
Use what makes you happy. That an iPhone is used as a status symbol is such a ridiculous thing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2