Experience w/ iPhone SE battery cases?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I don't think anyone has asked this before but for those seeking super battery life out of it, what battery cases would you recommend?

iMore made a post about some but most of the ones that they linked had a mix of bad reviews and a mix of good ones. I found one but I'm wondering if anyone has tried any?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't use battery cases with my devices, but hopefully, someone who has will be along soon to answer your question....:)

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I don't use battery cases with my devices, but hopefully, someone who has will be along soon to answer your question....:)

I'm guessing you have had iPhone models without weak battery life (i.e. the Plus series) that didn't require you to need one?

I would recommend Mophie’s Juice Pack

Thank you for the suggestion! I see them a lot but it seems like some of them reduce signal or stop working after 2-3 months to a year. Is there a particular type you prefer from them (I see the regular, plus, and helium) and have you had any of these issues?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing you have had iPhone models without weak battery life (i.e. the Plus series) that didn't require you to need one?

As of late, yes, but I’ve never had a weak battery life with all of the none Plus models I’ve owned over the years....

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for the suggestion! I see them a lot but it seems like some of them reduce signal or stop working after 2-3 months to a year. Is there a particular type you prefer from them (I see the regular, plus, and helium) and have you had any of these issues?

I’ve used Mophie battery cases for awhile now with different iPhone models and experienced no problems at all. I would recommend the normal, or the plus if you need the extra juice. The cases are not as protective as they marketed it to be.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I’ve used Mophie battery cases for awhile now with different iPhone models and experienced no problems at all. I would recommend the normal, or the plus if you need the extra juice. The cases are not as protective as they marketed it to be.

Ah okay, that's good to know. Thank you. The normal will probably work for me just fine. I just need to figure out which ones are still sold and supported by Mophie. I'm indifferent about case protection but that's great to know.

My SE has great battery life and I wouldn't want to add bulk to it anyway.
Yeah, it does have good battery life. It's just a hard adjustment from me going from great (even though my signal is weak in some parts of my home) to pretty good. I know, such a first world problem but still. In regards to the bulk, I'll find out of course.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Ah okay, that's good to know. Thank you. The normal will probably work for me just fine. I just need to figure out which ones are still sold and supported by Mophie. I'm indifferent about case protection but that's great to know.

Yeah, it does have good battery life. It's just a hard adjustment from me going from great (even though my signal is weak in some parts of my home) to pretty good. I know, such a first world problem but still. In regards to the bulk, I'll find out of course.

It really depends on your usage scenario and coverage.
For me, I'm rarely away from a power source. I charge in the car to and from work if necessary. Therefore I don't need a battery case. I do have a compact battery pack I can take if I'm traveling, etc.
For others, they may work in areas away from power or travel extensively. A battery case may be beneficial for them.
You know best what you need. Hope you find what you're looking for.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Hmm that's interesting. For now, I changed my mind about this battery experiment. I will consider Morphie if/when I decide to give this a shot.

achiquitachaser

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't belive of the cases with the lighting port are actually MFi certified, it always seems to be some off brand battery case that has it. At least on 5/se line