Unlocking with TouchID

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way that I can just tap the Home button to unlock my phone instead of also having to press it?

I'm just curious. Why is that an issue? What is the benefit of tapping over pressing the home button to unlock? I assume I'm missing something.

SparklyPickle

May 24, 2017
Visit site
I'm just curious. Why is that an issue? What is the benefit of tapping over pressing the home button to unlock? I assume I'm missing something.

Benefit? There are 2, actually.
First one being sparing the Home buttom and the second being that it's how it is intended to be used (like pre iOS 10).

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
First one being sparing the Home buttom and the second being that it's how it is intended to be used (like pre iOS 10).

I get the benefit of tapping over pressing the home button to unlock, but the 'sparing the home button' part is not one of those benefits.

Unless you use excessive force on your home button, it will keep functioning the same 3 years later as it did on the first day.

Again, I'm not trying to instigate a debate.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

One thing you can do to help "spare" the home button, is take all screen shots and on screen home button use using Assistive Touch in Accessibility. I do it all the time, but not to spare the home button. It's just more expedient for me.

881fd061141a8a87aa9492090dabb2ed.png

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234