How many of you use touch ID for phone unlocking?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't have to do that though! Never had to on my 5s

The 2nd gen Touch ID sensor in most of the latest models is super quick. I like not having as much hesitation but I agree that it can be a pain in the neck if you're just trying to look at notifications on your lock screen. While using a finger that isn't registered to Touch ID certainly isn't a perfect solution, it's the best solution I've found. Hopefully Apple figures something out in iOS 11.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The 2nd gen Touch ID sensor in most of the latest models is super quick. I like not having as much hesitation but I agree that it can be a pain in the neck if you're just trying to look at notifications on your lock screen. While using a finger that isn't registered to Touch ID certainly isn't a perfect solution, it's the best solution I've found. Hopefully Apple figures something out in iOS 11.

The technology is there. Just a double tap or a force touch on the screen, like on the Watch should be enough to wake up the screen for 15 seconds. Enough to see the time and the latest notifications.

But even if my phone is lying on a table or sofa, I don't mind 'raise to wake' it.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I use it all the time as well. As for raise to wake, I disabled it. I don't want the phone to wake every time I pick it up.

belodion

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I use it all the time as well. As for raise to wake, I disabled it. I don't want the phone to wake every time I pick it up.

Thank you for that. I've just bought an SE and wondered why it was waking whenever I picked it up. I was unaware of the existence of that feature. :)

To answer the thread question, yes, I use fingerprint unlocking on both 5s and SE.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Me. Always, several times a day.

Same, though much more often on my iPhone than the iPad. A good thing since the 6s+ has 2nd gen TouchID while the iPad does not—I wonder if I'd be so annoyed by the 1st gen delay if I didn't have a device with 2nd gen for contrast? Probably not, I think.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2