Galaxy S7 vs iPhone SE

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I can only speak for the SE but can't see any other smartphone compare to the modern specs and pocketbility of the SE

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I had a galaxy S7 edge and finally switched to iPhone SE.

Galaxy S7 edge pro:
  • Good battery life
  • Screen quality
  • Open nature of android
  • Camera (although I hardly take pictures)

Cons:
  • Lag. yes it still lags. And it drives me crazy thinking that I paid 800$ for this crap.
  • Size. I prefer small phones.
  • Edge screen. Sometimes hard to type.
  • Overly sensitive screen.
  • Fingerprint sensor is not that great.

iPhone SE on other hand is perfect size and is blazing fast. In fact, the process makes it look like that it has 2nd gen touch ID. Cell and Wifi reception is great. App ecosystem is just amazing. And last but not the least, battery life. This phone just does not die. I live on it. Still it keeps going. Easily get two days on moderate use. If I want to kill it in 1 day, I start watching netflix.

Overall, no matter how enticing Android as a platform is eventually I end up having an iPhone. I have used all smartphones. No, really. Every smartphone available in US, except blackberry. I don't consider that smartphone anayway. I am android fanboy happily using iPhone and that is the sad part.

I think you hit the nail on the head for me, too. I'm an Android fanboy. Have been since the Moto Droid X in 2011. I have had TONS of Android phones since then (upwards of 20 or so). I've also used a lot of iPhones inbetween random Android purchases, but I always seemed to stick with Android for the most part. That was, until Decemeber of last year when I snagged a 6s Plus, that I'm still using. I just haven't found anything in almost 6 months that works as well as this overall. It isn't perfect, but it beats everything else out there for me. I keep being intrigued by everything that comes out in the Google/Android world, but I just can't quite pull myself away.

I think I'm an Android fanboy living in an iOS world now.

luutukhanh49

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Its a different story for me. I went from galaxy S7 with a huge screen to This small little beast. And i have no regret, its so much easier for me to hold it and its have a great performance so far. I got used to the tiny keyboard after a while so the screen size is not bugging me anymore. Im a girl so I got myself a ROSE GOLD SE. Love my beautiful beast

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I had a galaxy S7 edge and finally switched to iPhone SE.

Galaxy S7 edge pro:
  • Good battery life
  • Screen quality
  • Open nature of android
  • Camera (although I hardly take pictures)

Cons:
  • Lag. yes it still lags. And it drives me crazy thinking that I paid 800$ for this crap.
  • Size. I prefer small phones.
  • Edge screen. Sometimes hard to type.
  • Overly sensitive screen.
  • Fingerprint sensor is not that great.

iPhone SE on other hand is perfect size and is blazing fast. In fact, the process makes it look like that it has 2nd gen touch ID. Cell and Wifi reception is great. App ecosystem is just amazing. And last but not the least, battery life. This phone just does not die. I live on it. Still it keeps going. Easily get two days on moderate use. If I want to kill it in 1 day, I start watching netflix.

Overall, no matter how enticing Android as a platform is eventually I end up having an iPhone. I have used all smartphones. No, really. Every smartphone available in US, except blackberry. I don't consider that smartphone anayway. I am android fanboy happily using iPhone and that is the sad part.

I don't have an issue with lag on mine, except on Chrome occasionally. I put up with it for synced bookmarks and passwords. Apparently the Samsung browser is much smoother and easier on battery life, though.

The edge screen messing with your typing is something you should get used to if you stuck with it. I made a lot of mistakes when I first got it but I got much better at typing on it. Then I got the iPhone SE and struggled a bit to type on it until I got used to that as well. You just need to give it time.

The overly sensitive screen was extremely annoying for me as well. I had to deal with it for a couple of months until Samsung and Verizon finally pushed out an update that fixed it. Now it's not an issue at all.

And my fingerprint scanner works great. At least as good as my iPhone SE's, but I did register my thumb twice so that helps a lot.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I own the iPhone 6s and Samsung Galaxy S7, the S7 has the best camera than any other phone to date. Nothing is close. My Samsung Galaxy S7 pulls a much stronger cell signal and with that much faster data speeds. The WiFi is also much stronger. Don't get me wrong I still like my iPhone 6s but my daily driver is the S7 with 200 gb sd-card and a skin on the back. Good Luck

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I own the iPhone 6s and Samsung Galaxy S7, the S7 has the best camera than any other phone to date. Nothing is close. My Samsung Galaxy S7 pulls a much stronger cell signal and with that much faster data speeds. The WiFi is also much stronger. Don't get me wrong I still like my iPhone 6s but my daily driver is the S7 with 200 gb sd-card and a skin on the back. Good Luck

I loved my S7 when I had it, the only thing which made me sell it was the horrible battery life despite it sporting almost double the capacity in terms of mAH than the iPhone SE that I currently have.

With my iPhone SE, I can go on for 3 days on low power mode without charging it or 2 days in normal mode. With the S7, I had to charge it twice a day and I am a moderate user. The standby time on the S7 is horrible.

The camera though as you said is the best out there, nothing even comes close.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77